Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capturing Titles When Making Audio/MP3 Discs
don12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2013 05:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to Power To Go and I can't seem to get it to capture song titles when burning audio discs. It just says Track 1, Track 2, etc. Do you have to edit each track individually? Won't it capture the title/artist automatically? Thanks for any help.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
When you rip a disk, Power2Go will capture the title and artist information if it is available in whichever database(s) CyberLink uses. Some disks are unknown, and others might have odd information. For example, I just ripped a disk and all of the information was in Japanese. I had to change it manually. (That's not the first time it happened to me.)

When you start with an audio file, then it will not look things up on the Internet. Whatever information is in the file, if any, will be used; but only if you turn on CD Text. (This is in the edit screen, and affects the entire burning session.)

Not all audio sound files contain, or can contain, text information. The more modern formats do, but WAV does not.

You can add or change CD text in Power2Go whether or not the original format allows it, but it will only affect the actual CD that you burn. It will not affect the data in the audio file.

If you want to permanently change the album, artist, etc. in the original audio file you have to do it by changing the file's properties. You can do this either inside Power2Go (in the top part of the screen, where it lists all of the files it sees) or directly in Windows Explorer. Obviously this only works if the file format supports it; if it does not, you won't be able to edit those fields.

I realize this can be a PITA, but remember that I just went through the chore of replacing Japanese text with English. Jerry Schwartz
fantamace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 23, 2013 20:32 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
I think your best option here Don is to set it up under properties. I have come to find out that not all disks are "burn" ready with all the details.
FLUFFYALAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2023 14:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm new to Power To Go and I can't seem to get it to capture song titles when burning audio discs. It just says Track 1, Track 2, etc. Do you have to edit each track individually? Won't it capture the title/artist automatically? Thanks for any help.
Hello can anyone help please, I have a huge collection of CD music and im in the process of copying to a hard drive to play eventually on Virtual DJ, If I use Windows Media to take the files from the CD to Virtual DJ They show up correctly in the left hand side of VDJ but if I use Power2go to move the files in VDJ the song title shows up in VDJ and no artist, is there anyway that I can cure this in Power2go