Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slip editing Power Director 365
NeilB21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2022 10:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I can't work out how to do a slip edit in Power Director.

i.e. I'd like to be able to select a clip, then scroll it back and forward so that the in points and out points from the 'mother' clip changes, either bringing it in earlier or later.

(I don't mean changing the clip length, I mean visually being able to scroll it back and forth within its existing length).

Thanks for any help you can give!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

I can't work out how to do a slip edit in Power Director.

i.e. I'd like to be able to select a clip, then scroll it back and forward so that the in points and out points from the 'mother' clip changes, either bringing it in earlier or later.

(I don't mean changing the clip length, I mean visually being able to scroll it back and forth within its existing length).

Thanks for any help you can give!

No unique feature to do this. You can kind of do it with the trim feature, (scissors above time line). Select the clip, then the scissors, note the duration in the upper right corner, move in and out sliders to slip the contents, adjust for same duration.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2022 09:00

NeilB21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2022 10:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

No unique feature to do this. You can kind of do it with the trim feature, (scissors above time line). Select the clip, then the scissors, note the duration in the upper right corner, move in and out sliders to slip the contents, adjust for same duration.

Jeff

Ah yes, I see. It's a workaround, fine, I'll do that!

Thanks for your help!
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]

Jeff

When you first make a time duration selection in the trimmer (example 5:00 seconds) and than activate the lock beside the Mark-IN and Mark-OUT button, you can slip edit by moving the blue bar in the timeline with your mouse.