Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 refuses installation using Cyberlink Application Manager
user7791 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2017 20:03 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried several times to reinstall PD15 after my PC needed a fresh installation of the O.S. The program download is no longer available on this website in my purchase section so I've been trying to use the Cyberlink Application Manager. It will not install. The installation icon continues to work, but the data installation total remains 0. Anyone experience this problem and/or possibly have a solution?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've tried several times to reinstall PD15 after my PC needed a fresh installation of the O.S. The program download is no longer available on this website in my purchase section so I've been trying to use the Cyberlink Application Manager. It will not install. The installation icon continues to work, but the data installation total remains 0. Anyone experience this problem and/or possibly have a solution?

PD15 was not a subscription based product so Cyberlink Application Manager not relevant. If you are an active paying subscription user you'd get the latest version and not an older version as well with CAM. So, for your PD15 you either need your original download install files that you saved and archived away for reinstall and SN or you need to contact support for new download files. See this FAQ, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80867.page#post_box_332701

Jeff
user7791 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2017 20:03 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]

PD15 was not a subscription based product so Cyberlink Application Manager not relevant. If you are an active paying subscription user you'd get the latest version and not an older version as well with CAM. So, for your PD15 you either need your original download install files that you saved and archived away for reinstall and SN or you need to contact support for new download files. See this FAQ, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80867.page#post_box_332701

Jeff

I contacted support. They sent me a link for downloads to reinstall the PD15 suite, but the links don't work after the 1st file link. I can't even respond to the ticket. The webspage repeatedly cycles after pressing submit so I gave up. Thank you for the advice. I think it's time I start looking for an alternate video editing software. Cyberlink seems to always experience problems.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear that some of the links don't seem to work. Sometimes they are multi-part files that can't (and don't need to) be run individually -double-clicking on the first link is all that's required.

If you need more assistance, you can do that from the MySupport page. Simply start a new request if your original ticket has been marked as Closed.