Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why am I getting the error message
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
"An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library..."

I put a downloaded YouTube greenscreen video into PD365, left the greenscreen background, shortened the clip and produced it as H264 MP4 at 1920x1080.

It will open in VLC and Windows Media Player.

I even put the file in two different online video converters and the resulting file still yields the same error message in PD365

(one week old) Dell xps15 #9510, 11th Gen I9, 32gb ram, 1 TB SSD

Charles
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Chances are that the downloaded clip isn't fully compatible with PD due to the encoding method the downloading app uses. Use a free 3rd party tool like Handbrake or VirtualDub2 (not an online converter) to transcode the downloaded clip into a more common format.

Feel free to use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share the clip here if you'd like other people to test it and find a suitable format to convert it to.
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Chances are that the downloaded clip isn't fully compatible with PD due to the encoding method the downloading app uses. Use a free 3rd party tool like Handbrake or VirtualDub2 (not an online converter) to transcode the downloaded clip into a more common format.

Feel free to use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share the clip here if you'd like other people to test it and find a suitable format to convert it to.

Optodata,

I found more clips that accomplish the same idea and they actually work in PD, so I threw that one away.

Charles