Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where my waveform go
[Post New]
I heard the answer was to clear the cache, which I did, and I got a waveform.

Now it's gone again, but now I have an AVI file on the timeline. Is this file type an issue or do I have to empty the cache every time?

I've seen options to display the waveform, but I think that's the default. I think it was set the first time the waveform went south.

What's the term used to describe replace a heavily edited segment in a project with a published version; and erasing the heavily edited segment. Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Now it's gone again, but now I have an AVI file on the timeline. Is this file type an issue or do I have to empty the cache every time?

I've seen options to display the waveform, but I think that's the default. I think it was set the first time the waveform went south.

Hi,
Have you tried selecting the clip>rt click>Regenerate Waveform to see if that works??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hi,
Have you tried selecting the clip>rt click>Regenerate Waveform
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, I clicked on that wondering if it would help, but nothing appeared to happen. I searched "regenerate" in the manual but nothing came up, which I thought was odd. I also checked YouTube, also nothing, so I moved on.

What does regenerate do? And what should I be looking for when I click it? Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Yes, I clicked on that wondering if it would help, but nothing appeared to happen. I searched "regenerate" in the manual but nothing came up, which I thought was odd. I also checked YouTube, also nothing, so I moved on.

What does regenerate do? And what should I be looking for when I click it?

Hi,

I don't have any personal experience to pass on, I've never had to use it! My understanding is that it will force PDR to regenerate a waveform for that clip, so I presume that is what happens.

This topic has a detailed background/workaround for previous versions :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77471.page#post_box_317503

and the Regenerate Waveform function was added in PDR19, I think.

Other members may have direct experience of using the function and can outline what happens.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
TinkerDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 21:48 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

What does regenerate do? And what should I be looking for when I click it?

This is a common problem when using PD. The audio waveform will NOT regenerate at times.

The only solution for me is to save the project, close the project (save it), close the program.

Bring up Task Manager, look for PDHanumanSvr Application under the Processes Tab and close the app. Now close the Task Manager.

Next, open the progam, then the project and it will regenerate itself.

Hopefully this will solve the problem.... it is just a workaround though. And CL knows about it for a LONG time, but has not done anything to fix it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote And CL knows about it for a LONG time, but has not done anything to fix it.

That's not true. There have been big improvements in the past 3 years.That's not to say that the issue can't be happening now, just that real changes have been made in response to work done here on the forum.

Here are the steps that resolved the issue for most people before the new code was implemented by CL back in PD17, and there's every chance they may resolve any current issues.

Also, the best way to get new issues fixed is to bring it to tech support's attention via the contact page.