Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade not working correctly
TinkerDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 21:48 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I just started using 365 after using PD17 for years.

The Fade worked correctly in PD17.

Now, when I use the Fade, the two videos do not fade properly anymore. The second first video stops prematurely instead of fading out, and the 2nd video hangs in without moving until a certain point is reached, and then it starts to fade in.

Any setting I have overlooked?

Do I need to comp;letely remove PD365 and it's Registry settings, and then reinstall?

Thanks!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Reinstallation is always an option, but can you tell us a little bit more about the two videos you apparently have issues with.
It would help if you tell how you apply the fades, are they newly made in 365 or did you use the PD17 project file; ect. Any more details will help helping you.
And maybe show (making a screen recording and submit it here) what is happening?
TinkerDog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Reinstallation is always an option, but can you tell us a little bit more about the two videos you apparently have issues with.
It would help if you tell how you apply the fades, are they newly made in 365 or did you use the PD17 project file; ect. Any more details will help helping you.
And maybe show (making a screen recording and submit it here) what is happening?

It happened to all my video clips (they are MOV files) for this wedding.

With PD17, when you placed the FADE transition between the 2 clips that touched each other, the two clips would slide into each other in the transition ( the one on the right would slide into the one on the left).

With 365, the two clips don't slide, but the transition layers across the clips for the length of the transtion, which i noticed was odd and different.

I will test it some more and see if I am doing something wrong now, since I jumped from 17 to 365 and something may have changed along the way which I was not aware off.

Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Look at cross vs overlap transition and see if that has the effect you want with fade. If so, set default that you prefer in pref.

Jeff
TinkerDog [Avatar]
[Post New]

It happened to all my video clips (they are MOV files) for this wedding.

With PD17, when you placed the FADE transition between the 2 clips that touched each other, the two clips would slide into each other in the transition ( the one on the right would slide into the one on the left).

With 365, the two clips don't slide, but the transition layers across the clips for the length of the transtion, which i noticed was odd and different.

I will test it some more and see if I am doing something wrong now, since I jumped from 17 to 365 and something may have changed along the way which I was not aware off.

Thanks.

I found the problem. It was me !

In the Preferences, the Default Behavior was set to Transitions was set the wrong way for me.

EDIT / PREFERENCES / EDITTING / (the Timeline ) / SET DEFAULT TRANSITION BEHAVIOR / (CHANGE CROSS TO OVERLAP ).

My bad.... Thanks !