Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help finding clips
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
This is probably not the right forum but I don't know where else I could ask...

I'm looking for clips to use in my music videos i.e. clips made by other people. Free or paid-for, although I going to assume that paid-for will be better quality so that's probably the best way to go. Not too concerned at this point if they're real, animated or cgi, I will most likely chop them up as needed. Only thing is they have to be space, space travel or sci-fi related.

I did many google searches for this and all I get are Netflix recommendations and 'the 20 best sci-fi flicks of all time' results. I already have sites where I by audio samples and various studio plug-ins, now I'm looking for a video equivalent.

TIA
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can try searching Pexels and Pixabay.com for science fiction video backgrounds to start. Search Shutterstock too.
Ben_Bear [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2021 05:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is probably not the right forum but I don't know where else I could ask...

I'm looking for clips to use in my music videos i.e. clips made by other people. Free or paid-for, although I going to assume that paid-for will be better quality so that's probably the best way to go. Not too concerned at this point if they're real, animated or cgi, I will most likely chop them up as needed. Only thing is they have to be space, space travel or sci-fi related.

I did many google searches for this and all I get are Netflix recommendations and 'the 20 best sci-fi flicks of all time' results. I already have sites where I by audio samples and various studio plug-ins, now I'm looking for a video equivalent.

TIA

you can find some clips and download by searching Shutterstock Media in PowerDirector.

/Shutterstock is in media room
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can try searching Pexels and Pixabay.com for science fiction video backgrounds to start. Search Shutterstock too.

Some decent stuff there. Thanks!!
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]

you can find some clips and download by searching Shutterstock Media in PowerDirector.

/Shutterstock is in media room

You're gonna need to explain this one a bit more. I'm not finding anything from shutterstock in PD.
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can try searching Pexels and Pixabay.com for science fiction video backgrounds to start. Search Shutterstock too.

Agreed. I use these all the time. They are great and have never been flagged by Youtube.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You're gonna need to explain this one a bit more. I'm not finding anything from shutterstock in PD.

See if this tutorial helps.
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]

See if this tutorial helps.

PD 365 only, I have Ultimate :/