Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why is my subscription to Power Director 365 charging me more?
[Post New]
Why is my subscription to Power Director 365 charging me more than the advertised price?
It's more than $30 AUD more than the 25% off which is advertised ATM.
Just another dirty trick from Cyberlink? I have 2 days to get this sorted out.

Thanks
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Any tax or transaction fees on the checkout page? Is the price you see a discounted final price, or a price before discount?

If you really need a help on your transaction, I strongly suggest you contact their support team to investigate the purchase concern.

You can reach them there directly:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
PowerMoristar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2019 15:23 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why is my subscription to Power Director 365 charging me more than the advertised price?

Thanks

Just contact them directly, not on the forums, as it is a transaction issue. I'm sure they'll figure it out quick and refund you.

I had a PD 365 subscription and bought a Suite subscription a bit later and they've recalculated all my remaining subscription days and added them afterwards.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why is my subscription to Power Director 365 charging me more than the advertised price?

Thanks

Hi,

As members have already pointed out, it may be that there are local sales taxes etc. that apply. Without knowing the full details it is difficult to comment appropriately and it is not something that members can assist with directly.

I'm unsure as to why you would immediately accuse CL of anything underhand on a public forum, without providing full details of any steps you may have taken to get the matter sorted out?

In any case, the proper route is to contact support with all your details, so that they can ensure that your subscription has been processed properly.

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
I contacted them directly and have been ignored.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 02. 2019 03:26

[Post New]

Hi,

As members have already pointed out, it may be that there are local sales taxes etc. that apply. Without knowing the full details it is difficult to comment appropriately and it is not something that members can assist with directly.

I'm unsure as to why you would immediately accuse CL of anything underhand on a public forum, without providing full details of any steps you may have taken to get the matter sorted out?

In any case, the proper route is to contact support with all your details, so that they can ensure that your subscription has been processed properly.

PowerDirector Moderator

This is why. All i got was directed to the Forum. I obviously will not be contacted I'm just left to be told the same information by the person who posted before them. "contact them directly" which is what i have done.

So no one is going to give me a straight annswer.

ACCC might though once the fee higher than stated all over Cyberlinks website is taken from my account.
[Post New]
I'm not sure whether this is the case here but you have to be careful when it stats 20% off etc.

This saving was represented as a saving of buying the yearly subscription rather than the monthly fee so the total you're quoted on screen may indeed be correct.

Again, I'm not sure whether this is the case here but it could be.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

This is why. All i got was directed to the Forum. I obviously will not be contacted I'm just left to be told the same information by the person who posted before them. "contact them directly" which is what i have done.

So no one is going to give me a straight annswer.

ACCC might though once the fee higher than stated all over Cyberlinks website is taken from my account.

Hi,
So, to be clear, you have already contacted CS and have not received any answer yet, or did they direct you to the forum?

To reiterate, no member can help directly with this matter, and you do need to pursue the CS route if you wish to get the matter resolved/clarified.

If you let me know your CS ticket no. I will raise the matter further if I can, but details are important, without them the matter is confusing.

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do