Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorting video clips
AndrewRacz1 [Avatar]
Member Location: Cardiff Joined: Mar 18, 2014 18:36 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
I use multiple cameras and before inserting onto the timeline I need to sort the clips in date and time order, PD 15 doesn't look at metadata of when the file was created but only on the import date via windows, even tough on file properties it does give when it was created. Is there any method to change this in PD instead of manually labelling each clip so they can be inserted at the right point on the timeline. I know adobe premier can sort the files
Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this change occured in PD15 or not, but in PD17 there is the option to sort by Date Modified, which is the actual date the clip was shot (as determined by your camera's date/time setting). In the screenshot below, all clips were shot in Aug 2018:

In PD17, it appears that the Date Created is not when the clip was imported into Windows, but actually when it was added to PD's media library. If that's the case, you could set the file order in the Import Media Files window the way you want it and PD will retain that time order as the files are sequentially added.

I tested a subset of the same set of clips shown above in PD14, and the Date field is the actual recording date and time, which was the morning of Aug 3, 2018:

I'm not sure why PD15 would be different, but stranger things have happened.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That option is not in my PD15. There is a workaround posted in PD News Issue 7 that can help. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64141.page .
AndrewRacz1 [Avatar]
Member Location: Cardiff Joined: Mar 18, 2014 18:36 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That option is not in my PD15. There is a workaround posted in PD News Issue 7 that can help. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64141.page .

Aplogise for the delay for some reason the replies went into my spam folder.

Tomas is right PD 15 doesn't have the "modified/created" drop down menu. May upgrade just for that option alone.

Thanks

Andrew
Positiveme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2019 04:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Great thanks fot the answer, as I've got the same problem!