Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dallas Style Intro
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Trying to get my head around whether it's possible to create a Dallas styile intro (as below link) in PD17? Any guidance/advice greatly appreciated!

Dallas

I think I can work out the first part although if someone can clarify. It's the second part where the screen is divided into 3 segments particularly if there is video (rather than stills) in any of the segments Effectively this is a collage but I'm not sure how one would create a collage frame that's not within those templates already provided by PD.

Thanks
philwizzer

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 04. 2018 05:03

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm looking at this but have to run out for the day.
I am thinking a trapezoidal mask (make one or download a png), then add a border, and instead of key-framing, use a sliding transition.
Timing is essential.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2018 10:31

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil -

It must be reasonably easy, because I made this little example for someone years ago. That would have been using PDR12 or 13.

Now that masks can be keyframed to move & resize, it'd be even easier.

I'll see whether I might have packed the project somewhere... & whether it's survived the years.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2018 12:49

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This Dallas intro was discussed 5 years ago. I am sure that the OP will find a different way to do it. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30174.page for ideas.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Not only but also...

Here's a screen capture I posted showing how to do part of it using colour boards.

I did pack the project - it was PDR11 - back the the videos were masked then motion applied to the video rather than the mask. Might take a bit of re-working before I can post it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This Dallas intro was discussed 5 years ago. I am sure that the OP will find a different way to do it. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30174.page for ideas.

Thank you Tomasc will take a look.