Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are the change logs for new updates?
[Post New]
I week after installing the product I get a 1gb update? really? with this as an explanation?
[Thumb - whats new.JPG]
 Filename
whats new.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I week after installing the product I get a 1gb update? really? with this as an explanation?

That's Cyberlink-speak for "we fixed lots of bugs," but I agree that it isn't very helpful. Since this is a subscription product, there isn't anything listed on the CL Support software updates web page, so hopefully the forum moderator will post something official soon.

Here's the new version info:

I'm actually thrilled to get a big patch this soon, but the first bug I tested for (the keyframe issue I documented in this thread) is still present. So is the sideways preview of 9:16 clips when producing.

The NewBlueFX Quick Pixelator bug IS fixed however, so I'm 1 for 3 on my reported issues in V 17.0.2126.1 (Well, 2 for 4 if you count the fix for BTC's issue with 3x copies of the background music clips. My workaround isn't needed now!)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2018 22:40

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I week after installing the product I get a 1gb update? really? with this as an explanation?

Hello,

CL confirmed that they will make the release notes available in future subscription build updates. In the meantime, these are the release notes for the updates:

- Fixes the issue that the program crashes when selecting title templates that include a backdrop effect on platforms without DirectX 11 support.
- Fixes the issue that the program crashes when right clicking on an empty storyboard.
- Fixes the issue that the program sometimes crashes when analyzing GPU capabilities.
- Fixes redundant sound clip issue.

The patch update for perpetual version will be available later this week.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator