Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disk Titles not Appearing in Media Library
[Post New]
PowerDVD version 18.0.1529.62

I originally imported my media library using UNC file paths (\\NAS\Share). Disks were imported and covers assigned, however out of over 1,000 disks only two had titles. So, I trashed the whole library and assigned a drive letter to the share, no change, disks are being discovered, but no titles are being assigned. There aren't two copies of easyA, but that isn't an issue that I want to deal with right now.

My disks are backups of my collection.

I can play the disks and the folder structure is A\Annabelle\Disk contents. In version 17 the folder title above the disk contents was used as a label for the disk.

Screen shot of media library screen without titles
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDVD version 18.0.1529.62

I originally imported my media library using UNC file paths (\\NAS\Share). Disks were imported and covers assigned, however out of over 1,000 disks only two had titles. So, I trashed the whole library and assigned a drive letter to the share, no change, disks are being discovered, but no titles are being assigned. There aren't two copies of easyA, but that isn't an issue that I want to deal with right now.

My disks are backups of my collection.

I can play the disks and the folder structure is A\Annabelle\Disk contents. In version 17 the folder title above the disk contents was used as a label for the disk.

Screen shot of media library screen without titles

Are you talking about movie cover or online movie info that are mapped to your imported movies?
They are from Moovielive.com, if you can't locate one on the online movie database for sepecifc language or region, then powerdvd cannot map the cover for your movies. They all come from cyberlink's online movie portal, or you can assign your photos as a custom cover art by right clicking.
[Post New]
Are you talking about movie cover or online movie info that are mapped to your imported movies?
They are from Moovielive.com, if you can't locate one on the online movie database for sepecifc language or region, then powerdvd cannot map the cover for your movies. They all come from cyberlink's online movie portal, or you can assign your photos as a custom cover art by right clicking.

No, if you see under the images there is no title. In version 17 the title of the movie was there and you could search by title. All I have is the cover art and you can't search by the cover art. Previously they all looked like the In Time disk and I could search by the title of the folder the disk was in. In Time happens to be an ISO file.

Example with text

My disks are stored like this

What I normally see is the cover image with the folder of the disk below it. So, X Files - S1D1 would be under the first X Files disk and X Files - S1D2 would be under the second and so on.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kilroy,

All movie and TV show names load fine in my PowerDVD 18. It looks like PowerDVD is having issue accessing information over your network for some reason.

Dave
[Post New]
Quote Hi Kilroy,

All movie and TV show names load fine in my PowerDVD 18. It looks like PowerDVD is having issue accessing information over your network for some reason.

Dave

Did you blank out your media libarary and not just upgrade to 18? I uninstalled 17 and installed 18. I'd agree with a network issue if I wasn't getting the covers. Since I'm getting the covers and the title for the ISO, I don't think it is a network issue.
[Post New]
Uninstalled v18 and reinstalled v17, the titles returned.

v17 with titles

Upgraded to 18 without installing 17 and all of the titles went away again.
[Post New]
I am having more problems. When I imported PDVD 17 settings and tried to go to my music library, the application hung and would not respond. I uninstalled 18, removed settings and tried again, but only added movies and tv shoes, my music library is quite large.

Movies added fine, but you are correct, no titles like were displayed in PDVD 17. TV shoes did not repopulated. It added the first 2 seasons of the first show and then all I get is the rotating starburst. No titles added.

I need to try and reload PDVD 17 and see if I get my media library to repopulate.

I do not have a NAS, I have a tower with hard drives and letters.

Something is wrong with scanning and populating the media library.
[Post New]
Quote I am having more problems. When I imported PDVD 17 settings and tried to go to my music library, the application hung and would not respond. I uninstalled 18, removed settings and tried again, but only added movies and tv shoes, my music library is quite large.

Movies added fine, but you are correct, no titles like were displayed in PDVD 17. TV shoes did not repopulated. It added the first 2 seasons of the first show and then all I get is the rotating starburst. No titles added.

I need to try and reload PDVD 17 and see if I get my media library to repopulate.

I do not have a NAS, I have a tower with hard drives and letters.

Something is wrong with scanning and populating the media library.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I doubt that reloading 17 is going to fix the issue. I uninstalled 18 and reinstalled 17 and the titles were there, that's how I got the screen shot with the titles. I installed 18 without uninstalling 17 and the issue continued. I figure I'll just wait until it is patched.

As far as being a network issue. I thought a bit more about that and since the title information comes from the directory that the disk information is stored, if it can see the movies there is no reason it can't see the directory name it is pulling from.
[Post New]

Good to know I'm not the only one. I doubt that reloading 17 is going to fix the issue. I uninstalled 18 and reinstalled 17 and the titles were there, that's how I got the screen shot with the titles. I installed 18 without uninstalling 17 and the issue continued. I figure I'll just wait until it is patched.

As far as being a network issue. I thought a bit more about that and since the title information comes from the directory that the disk information is stored, if it can see the movies there is no reason it can't see the directory name it is pulling from.

Found my original PDVD 17 load. Installed, and all the titles came back on scan. Media folders were updated with some new seasons I added. So, the folder scanning problem and the lack of movie titles is due to a change between 17 & 18.

The movie folder, even with the lose of underlying titles, seems to scan correctly. The TV folder and CD folder do not. I have complained about the media library GUI for at least three releases and no one seems to care. Cyberlink seems more interested in thier online data than with providing a decent interface. Maybe they have hosed it up so bad that someone will take a look at the complaints and fix it. I have another post in the PWDVD18 "what do you think" forum that outlines the lack of functionality with the media library.

By the way Cyberlink, I have good hardware, good software, and participate in several betas programs to include Windows Insider. I can pretty much tell you across several platforms from the stable production release to the front line beta that your program has the same problems. You should be able to replicate.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2018 19:32

[Post New]
I agree. Cyberlink really needs to get their sh#t together. I've been using them for years but the program continually crashes with 4k and hdr in windows 10 in the last couple versions. Now the titles of my DVD folders don't display in 18. Playing DVD folders is one of the primary reasons I bought this pathetic program. No real time technical support without paying. If they don't release a patch to fix the folder issue prior to my 30 day window after purchase for returns I will return it. My Oppo UDP203 plays everything except DVD folders infinately better than this program. Please pardon any misspellings. No spell check.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2018 11:45

Holger12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2013 12:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. No titles.
[Post New]
Is anyone from CyberLink going to acknowledge that this bug exists, and there is a problem? How about a little feedback.
Astroid [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: May 05, 2018 10:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Installed today PowerDVD 18 (Download version)
First uninstalled V17, rebooted and then installed V18.
I have my movies installed on a NAS.
Disk Titles are not appearing in Media Library
Never was a problem in previous versions

Johan
Hoeffer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2018 14:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
TITLES STILL NOT WORKING!

2018-05-20

Updates PowerDVD 18 to build 18.0.1619.62

Install this patch to enhance compatibility with Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

Note: This patch is not for PowerDVD Live subscribers, OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.

Enhances compatibility with Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
Enhances the HDR video playback compatibility on NVIDIA GPU platforms.
Minor bug fixes.
Dreadnought [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2016 08:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have just download the latest patch 1619.62, running on a new clean install of windows 10, with the latest version, as of today.

I am missing the titles off DVDs and Blurays.

And is there anyway to change the cover art like in previous versions?

As I have many with the wrong pictures?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2018 11:32

[Post New]
It appears there is rank incompetence at Cyberlink in the coding department. They took working functionality, scanning folders, displaying and sorting titles, in PDVD 17 and now it doesn't work at all in PDVD 18.

How difficult can scan folders for titles be?

I have uploaded the latest update and still cannot get the library titles to display. I am running PDVD 17 on the same machine, and everything is fine. In PDVD 18, I get the rotating dashes and after 24 hours, have populated 32 of my 102 TV seasons. I have about 30% of my movie titles as well, and they do not sort by title properly.

I have been assuming they would find this bug and fix it quickly, but after two post release updates, I am just frustrated.
[Post New]
Quote It appears there is rank incompetence at Cyberlink in the coding department. They took working functionality, scanning folders, displaying and sorting titles, in PDVD 17 and now it doesn't work at all in PDVD 18.

How difficult can scan folders for titles be?

I have uploaded the latest update and still cannot get the library titles to display. I am running PDVD 17 on the same machine, and everything is fine. In PDVD 18, I get the rotating dashes and after 24 hours, have populated 32 of my 102 TV seasons. I have about 30% of my movie titles as well, and they do not sort by title properly.

I have been assuming they would find this bug and fix it quickly, but after two post release updates, I am just frustrated.

So in the never ending saga of poor support. I patiently waited for the patch hoping it would fix the problem. Seems to me like a feature that works in PDVD 17 and not in PDVD 18 would be a no-brainer. Find the code modules that were messed with in 18, go back to what worked in 17, and solve the user's problem. Well, No-Joy on the patch.

The added benefit of being patient is that I am outside the 30 day window for a refund, so not I am at the mercy of Cyberlink. I have a software "upgrade" that doesn't work at all and no recourse other than to sit around and wait for them to take their time in fixing the problem.

To add insult to injury, it was explained to me by the Cyberlink Moderator, you know the guys that hang the official trademark Cyberlink branding on their profiles to feel important, that Cyberlink does not monitor or care about the problems reported in the forum. It appears that this forum, listed under their support menu and on their site, is just a place for the community of users to type words about software problems that are ignored by the Cyberlink company and development team.

Time to look for an alternative. Next request for my money to upgrade to PDVD 19 will fall on deaf ears.
[Post New]
Quote Uninstalled v18 and reinstalled v17, the titles returned.

v17 with titles

Upgraded to 18 without installing 17 and all of the titles went away again.

When you say you upgraded to 18 without installing 17, did you remove all the 17 data. I did the same thing, I removed 17 and upgraded to 18. The titles populated, but only to the level they were in 17. It appeared to be using the saved data. I added a few more seasons in the TV section and PDVD 18 would not add them or display them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2018 06:33

[Post New]

Here is what I have found and will put in a ticket to get an answer. When I installed PDVD18 and left PDVD17 undisturbed it had the movie titles under the disk cover. If I deleted PDVD 17 data and tried a clean install, I would have some movies with cover art and titles and other movies without. On further investigation, I realized that the ones without titles were the ones that copied the Video Disk (DVD) file structure to the folder and the ones with titles were the *.iso image files.

My library structure is a 5 digit folder number and then the video files:

Video Rip
X:/#####/{Movie Title}/VIDEO_TS/

ISO Rip
X:/#####/*.ISO

I know that PDVD 17 used the name of the ISO file for the movie title, or the name of the Folder {Movie Title}, for the movie title under the cover art. PDVD 18 does not pick up the name of the folder for the Video Rip.

I also noticed that the sort order is based on the 5 digit folder ID for the ones without a movie title and on the movie title for the ISO Rips.

This, along with the media folder scanning problems, seems to indicate that Cyberlink screwed up the module that scans and populates titles.

*** Update 20180526
Since I have been informed the Forum is not part of Cyberlink support, I will pass on the latest.

Entered the ticket. Got the usual Tier 1 answer. Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, and see if it goes away. Exercised that option by first, keeping PDVD 18 data, No joy. Then, went through the same routine except this time removed PDVD 18 data. This puts me in the world of poor performance populating the libray, currently taking a couple days to add 200 movies. At any rate, can already tell it has not solved the problem. We will see what is next.

Since PDVD 18 has an infinity for pulling movie info from Cyberlink instead of grabbing the art from the folder that contains the movie, I think the performance is somewhat impacted by this database stuff. Unfortunately, the database is wrong in several areas. For example, it routinely pulls old movie covers instead of the correct one.

****Update 20180528 KNOWN BUG

<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">With regards to your previous concern, by pilot checking, we can reproduce similar condition that certain newly imported Blu-ray/DVD-Video folders do not show the title normally in PowerDVD 18 movie library.

<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">We have escalated the reproduced condition/case to engineering team awaiting further technical investigation.

<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">Because the root cause is unknown temporarily that requires further technical inspection, there is no immediate solution currently.

<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">Our engineering team will do the best to investigate the issue for solutions.

<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">We would like to say thank you for reporting this.
<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">
<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">****
<p style="background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: " open sans","segoe ui","meiryo","微軟正黑體","ms ui gothic","ms pgothic",arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 20px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px;">What for the next patch....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2018 13:48

Hoeffer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2018 14:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
New patch today. Does it works???