Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ultra HD Issues
Henry Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2017 10:12 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
ASRock TaiChi Z270, i5-7600T, Pioneer BDR-211M. I have reinstalled "Intel Management Software" over and over including the version on the ASRock website. Hard to find an HDMI version reading on this board but I saw one post claiming success with HDMI 2.0 and Ultra-HD bluray.

I'm getting NO SGX AVAIALBLE (which is turned ENABLED in the BIOS) INtel Management Software not running, and display not HDR (I have a cable running directly into my LG 65E6P also tried through my Pioneer AC-95 receiver.)
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Taichi has HDMI 1.4. What CyberLink Advisor says to you? .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
Henry Thomas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, marketing says "supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz" which I thought was HDMI 2.0 when I didn't know what I know now. HDMI 2.0 should be 4K x 60hz. Poop. Wonder if there's another Kaby Lake board with 10 or more eSata, will research.
Henry Thomas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Taichi has HDMI 1.4. What CyberLink Advisor says to you?

TaiChi also has Displayport 1.2 I wonder if this would work:

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-HDMI-2-0a-Active-Adapter/dp/B01B6ZOMIS

but not only do I not have a "HDR Not Available" (HDMI 2.0 failure I gues) I am gettin Intel SGX Technology Not Available and Intel Management Engine Software not available.
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
This type of adapter should probably work with any Z270 board. The boards do not have a native HDMI 2.0. It works like this. There are two DP lanes coming from CPU, one ends with DP 1.2, the other with HDMI. On the second lane there may be a chip upgrading it to HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2, but only handful of boards have the chip (LSPCON). So if you add this adapter, it should do the same trick externally. The problem is that nobody reported a success with such adapter yet. It may work and it may not.

Try to download more Intel ME versions from Intel download library if the version from ASRock website does not work well. All this UHD BD thing is tricky and it never works right away. Everybody reported hours of experiments before first successful playback.

SGX is tricky too, it keeps switching off after some time for most users. If you enabled it in BIOS previously, try to disable, restart and enable again until the Advisor gives you "pass". .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
mikehin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2017 22:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ASRock TaiChi Z270, i5-7600T, Pioneer BDR-211M. I have reinstalled "Intel Management Software" over and over including the version on the ASRock website. Hard to find an HDMI version reading on this board but I saw one post claiming success with HDMI 2.0 and Ultra-HD bluray.

I'm getting NO SGX AVAIALBLE (which is turned ENABLED in the BIOS) INtel Management Software not running, and display not HDR (I have a cable running directly into my LG 65E6P also tried through my Pioneer AC-95 receiver.)

I have an as-rock board as well. (as rock z370m itx /ac ) Their customer support lied to me and said it had everything I wanted in the board

has sgx in bios -Check

has 2.0a hdmi - Check UM NOPE

has 2.2 hdcp _ check UM NOPE

Turns out it only has the sgx in the bios to enable. However as one customer service rep thru email stated it does do 4k at 30htz. He pointed out that this is not 2.0a. My reply was how should I know? I asked your support reps at newegg.com and at their website and they pointed me to this board.

IT is ashame how untrained these reps are in the boards they help people with.

Turns out I need the gaming fatality board which does everything at 60htz. UGH!!! Pulling my hair out!

With that said. I was able to get it to run with intel ME and sgx. Goto their website and download this. I had to download one more item called PSW. But it was automatically installed when I ran this stuff.