Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
need help with some effect
igal310 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2017 17:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I try to make an effect that crosses the frame in two(or more) and see two color gradient. As you can see in the February Webinar, right at the beginning - in the second 14 and up:

https://youtu.be/Oiw4yCUJZjA?t=14s

thanks!
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I try to make an effect that crosses the frame in two(or more) and see two color gradient. As you can see in the February Webinar, right at the beginning - in the second 14 and up:

thanks!

My approach: Arrange tracks 1 and 2 so that your FX track is on track 2. I do this by adding a video track before track 1 but there must be a better way. Next I'd put the same clip on tracks 1 and 2. In the Enhance world of the clip on track 1 take out all the saturation. For track 2 add whatever color effect you like. Now add the New Blue effect (name escapes me right now) which cuts out a picture by shape. Adjust it to a box, set left corners to true positions on the left. Now use the key framing to move the right corners from true left to center. Wait a second or so then move the right corners to true right. That should do it.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

thanks!

My approach: Arrange tracks 1 and 2 so that your FX track is on track 2. I do this by adding a video track before track 1 but there must be a better way. Next I'd put the same clip on tracks 1 and 2. In the Enhance world of the clip on track 1 take out all the saturation. For track 2 add whatever color effect you like. Now add the New Blue effect (name escapes me right now) which cuts out a picture by shape. Adjust it to a box, set left corners to true positions on the left. Now use the key framing to move the right corners from true left to center. Wait a second or so then move the right corners to true right. That should do it.

Sorry, message deleted. I was half asleep and thought I was in the "previous versions" forum

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2017 18:01

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Lots of good possibilities!

One very useful change made in PDR15 is that masks can be keyframed. In previous versions the mask was stuck to the video clip.

So, any mask can be keyframed to move where you want. Perfect for that "reveal" effect.

The packed project for that video example can be downloaded from here. When you open it, select the clip in Track 2 & go to Mask Designer to see how the masks have been keyframed.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
igal310 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2017 17:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the answers!

I did not know the mask designer at all, it's really amazing!cool

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot.