Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions (12/2016 to 3/2017)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Much of what you need is found in ColorDirector, a PD plugin.

Color Director looks great, but it's overkill for what i need. It also costs about twice what I paid for Power Director 15 Ultimate just 2 weeks ago.......Power Director looks pretty cool, but $129 for Color Director is a lot to pay for what little I need from it.
Thanks anyway for the tip.

The FX room, including a good number of New Blue FX plugins also offer a variety of fixes. But we should discuss this in a new thread if you have more questions. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

regarding to the users feedbacks and PD features, I decided to stay on PD14.

Please to make this great program the best one for the price:

• boost up the speed in editing line: should be almost HD real time with an i7 6700k and GPU such as an GTX960 at least

• improve the editing window quality: in the same way video in windows must be nice looking: no poor graphic quality

• improve the sounf mixer usage

really love this program and would definitively benefit from basic speed improvements. I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
PFA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2013 15:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Better support for .TS files : during import it should never be split, quite random, into several files.

The option to tap into the subtitles track that might be include in the .ts file and add that to the production.

(VLC can do this, why is PD lacking this feature?)

upgraded tp PD15 just to stay 'current'.
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
Any ideas for the release date ? I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
icon creator

2.35:1 aspect ratio

21:9 aspect ratio

10 bit 4.2.2

modified font size smaller than 8 for 4K

don't forget the commercial version or PD that uses codecs that are installed on users computer.

i use ffdshow and k-lite

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 11. 2017 12:43

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any ideas for the release date ?

4th Q

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
iGamer4tv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2016 02:35 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
My Motion Trail Effect post listed here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51327.page

If PD cannot do that.

And volume bars on the timeline tracks

Fix issue when zooming in and out of timeline the audio tracks waves dissapear on some tracks and have to rezoom in/out to make it reappear again.

Thanks
Nehemia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2017 01:36 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I love Power Director, but I really wish it could handle languages that are right to left in the Title Designer and subtitle areas.

Thank you!
[Post New]
Support for NVIDIA CUDA is something I wish to have but earlier than with PW16 since PD15 is not supporting it at all. I got an EVGA1050Ti and except openCL, there is nothing for it. I guess I should learn another video editor... I cross my fingers. Anyway, PD15 has always looked more in PD14.2 than anything else IMHO.

Quote Dear PowerDirector Users,

Please use this thread to submit suggestions for future versions of PowerDirector. Suggestions can be any of the following:

- UI or usability improvements.

- program feature improvements.

- main program features*.

Note: do not use this thread to issue complaints or report bugs. For these, please contact customer support. Bug and complaint posts will be removed from the thread.

CyberLink's product development team will review the suggestions periodically. Suggestions could get implemented in either patch updates, or in the next full version of PowerDirector, depending on product development team availability and the scope of the change.

We want to stress that there is no guarantee that your suggestions will get implemented, but we can guarantee that product development team will review them. So please enter them below!

Please see the PowerDirector Feature Suggestions in the readme for more information.

* the planning phase for PowerDirector 16 has ended, so any new main program feature suggestions will be considered for version 17 and beyond.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2017 14:36

GordonL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2017 05:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PD

Can we have a simple way to 'Fill left' or 'Fill right' on an audio track. Common in other programmes such as Premiere Pro, this allows the sound from a lavaliere or other one channel mic to be double mono and so appear centre of the sound stage.

Apologies if it is there somewhere. I'm new to PD.

Thank
you.
igal310 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2017 17:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
HI

I have a some suggestions:

1. full support on RTL lenguages like Hebrew and Arabic on the titles and subtitels.

2. ^ (more)text effect that can start from the rigth^

3. ability to limit time or/and adjust speed of the pic slideshow

4. on the subtitle room, ability to move al the subtitels one second foward etc.

RickyWombat [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Western Australia Joined: Jul 27, 2007 06:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It would be most helpful to have a few more options available for subtitles, such as the ability to vary the thickness of outlines, and also fade ins/outs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2017 07:35

HansC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 12:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just made the switch from Abobe Premiere Elements and was really dissapointed to learn that in PD 15 it is not possible to make a audio transition without a video transition. This is Ridiculus, there are 2 audio transitions and as soon as I drag one to the timeline it also creates a crossfade on the video wich can't be removed.

This is not normal, fix it!!

Hans
[Post New]
I would like to re-iterate a "wish" for gamma curve control on both an RGB level and with R, G, and B channels independently. Earlier I talked about how NCH Videopad has this as one of its built-in functions. I would encourage readers (and Cyberlink developers) to download Videopad for two reasons: 1) To see how the gamma function works and why it is so much better than the gamma options in Powerdirector and 2) To gain a huge appreciation for Powerdirector when it comes to ease of use, work flow, and DVD authoring power.

In earlier discussion some helpful folks talked about how I can use various tools stacked together to do level, gamma, color modification so that I can match camera painting. After doing this rather extensively, I have concluded that this approach is inadequate. It does get me pretty close to where I want to be, but in terms of work flow (one of Powerdirector's biggest strengths) it is a log jam. Using the gamma curve tool in Videopad is faster and produces much better results. Later I can describe how to make this tool a lot easier and faster to use.

ColorDirector was suggested as a solution but besides the price being high for what I need, it's like using a jack hammer to crack a walnut (note: those of you who have black walnut trees will agree that a jackhammer is nearly warranted). Worse than the overkill problem is that it makes no sense to use an add-on that may add intermediate files, certainly add to overhead, and certainly slow down the start-to-finish project work flow when gamma processing is a VERY simple algorithm! It's so simple that I could write it - way easier than de-noise, image stabilization, etc. It only makes sense that Powerdirector would work a process like this at the same level that it does brightness control (that is, in the Fix/Enhance world).

When you look at what makes Powerdirector a great choice, a clean and intuitive user interface with strong and flexible tools built right into the core application is right at the top of the list! This is why Powerdirector is good for workflow. Having to use add-ons and work-arounds slows things down and clutters the editing process. It can be argued that many people would not use this proposed gamma curve tool because they won't understand it, but there are a couple good ways to use a UI solution to make color and level matching very simple. I also think that since there is a multi-cam editor, there is a demand for multi-camera capability. Critical to that is a way to match those cameras without a lot of fooling around.

Len

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2017 15:27

Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
- When a video file is loaded that has embedded subtitle information (like some mp4 and mkv files), it would be nice if PD recognized this and created a subtitle track based on that information. Chapter information is also sometimes included in these files and could be used as well.

- Also relating to subtitles, it seems that the srt subtitle compatibility is incomplete: It doesn't seem to correctly convert italic tags. They get put into the video verbatim: < i >Hello < /i > SHOULD be converted to Hello, not "< i >Hello < /i >". [note: I had to put spaces in there so this forum text editor showed it right. Remove the spaces.]

- The ability to rotate PiP objects from any part of the shape, not just the center.
- The ability to draw simple shapes over the video: square/rectangle and ellipse (filled and unfilled, with selectable transparencies), line, etc. And as an added bonus, if the parameters of those shapes could be key-framed, that would be even cooler!

Russell1967

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 26. 2017 21:04

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Pand [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2017 10:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice to have all the image options available in the PIP designer consolidated within the Title Designer for the sake of convenience. For instance, I wanted to animate 15 different image files to form a logo, which is certainly possible by placing them all on the timeline, but it would be much cleaner if I could contain all those files in a single title file.

Also, the ablitly to eyedrop text color in Title Designer. If I want to make text the same color as (part of) an image within the Title Designer, I shouldn't have to exit the Title Designer or go to some external program to determine the RGB value of said image.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 28. 2017 08:57