Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 16 - youtube sign in problem
Ano1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2016 21:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I just purchased Power DVD 16 ultra. I am trying to sign in to youtube(in the Online Video area). When I clivk the sigin button Nothing happens. any ideas?

Same thing happens with Vimeo.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I just purchased Power DVD 16 ultra. I am trying to sign in to youtube(in the Online Video area). When I clivk the sigin button Nothing happens. any ideas?

Did you buy a boxed copy or directly from the Cyberlink site? Is it full patched? Did you click on the key icon?

Is your internet active and relatively fast?
Ano1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I just purchased Power DVD 16 ultra. I am trying to sign in to youtube(in the Online Video area). When I clivk the sigin button Nothing happens. any ideas?

Did you buy a boxed copy or directly from the Cyberlink site? Is it full patched? Did you click on the key icon?

Is your internet active and relatively fast?

I bought directly from Cyberlink site. When I clock on upgrade it does not show an updates. I click on the key icon and another screen "Youtube Account Authentication" pops up. I clicc on the Sign In box in the lower right hand corner and nothing happens. The internet is active and it is cable(I have no problems with other products downloading).

I found updates and installed. still have problem.

I uninstalled and renistalled PowerDVD and updates. still have problem

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2016 16:21

Artiecon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2016 12:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same situation, and probloem. I bought a download of PowerDVD 16 Ultra, and if I click on the Signin link in the Youtube authentication, I get a popup window with absolutly nothing in it- and I have to kill PowerDVD to get out of that. The window won't close, and nothing further happens in PowerDVD
wastedyouth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2016 23:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just chiming in to say I have the same problem. If enough of us can't sign in, perhaps Cyberlink will notice and provide a solution.
AlexFler [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2016 09:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same probelm ...
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
For all of you. This may not be te problem but in the past, YouTube has altered their sign in requirements and Power DVD could not be used to sign in. Cyberlink came in with a patch to fix it shortly later.

Since there are many of you that have the same problem, has anyone contacted Cyberlink about it directly?

Note, I'm signed in permanently so I can't help further. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kissariter
Newbie Location: USA, and Venezuela Joined: Aug 10, 2015 18:44 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem, support still has no answer.

But power media player works with Youtube.
Kissariter
Newbie Location: USA, and Venezuela Joined: Aug 10, 2015 18:44 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For all of you. This may not be te problem but in the past, YouTube has altered their sign in requirements and Power DVD could not be used to sign in. Cyberlink came in with a patch to fix it shortly later.

Since there are many of you that have the same problem, has anyone contacted Cyberlink about it directly?

Note, I'm signed in permanently so I can't help further.

I contacted customer support my ticket or case is more than 5 days old/ and no reply. its open
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Please reinstall PDVD16 without keeping the personal settings, then update the software and sign in by YT.

Greetings

Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
Ano1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Please reinstall PDVD16 without keeping the personal settings, then update the software and sign in by YT.

Greetings

Hicham

Hi Hicham,

I didas you requesred and it still does not work, Same problem.
Artiecon [Avatar]
[Post New]
For those still having a YouTube login problem as I was, it is basically an Internet Explorer window with nothing in it that appears, and no controls or menus. I opened another internet explorer page to my home page (Google.ca), and used my password manager to login to Google (same as You Tube) and, after a moment, the previously blank page was populated with login info for You Tube, which allowed me to login, and solved my problem.

Hope this helps.
Mnr45701 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2017 09:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It is now February 2017 and I also have same troubles. So today I check for update to software and download it. This YouTube sign-in problem is fixed but installation of update is problematic. It says it has error during installation and for me to reboot computer. But at least the YouTube issue has been fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2017 10:56

Artiecon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It is now February 2017 and I also have same troubles. So today I check for update to software and download it. This YouTube sign-in problem is fixed but installation of update is problematic. It says it has error during installation and for me to reboot computer. But at least the YouTube issue has been fixed.

Was the update filename "PowerDVD_16.0.2406.60_Patch_DVD161012-04"? As I posted above, I managed to get Youtube working, but when I installed this latest update, no Youtube videos would work- only videos I had set as pinned videos would work. I resolved this by system restoreing to just before I udated PowerDVD16 with this latest update.
Mnr45701 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2017 09:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. That was patch file name. I can now log on to YouTube but only a few items play. Live streams don't play at all. And the interface to access HISTORY, PLAY LISTS, etc is not good enough for me to prefer this over my web browser.

Do you happen to know if there was anything else in this patch worth keeping? Or should I just rollback to last version--in your opinion?
Artiecon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes. That was patch file name. I can now log on to YouTube but only a few items play. Live streams don't play at all. And the interface to access HISTORY, PLAY LISTS, etc is not good enough for me to prefer this over my web browser.

Do you happen to know if there was anything else in this patch worth keeping? Or should I just rollback to last version--in your opinion?

I can only reply to my situation. I don't use Youtube live play, and there has always been some videos that won't play- either they appear to hang or a dialog box come up with "Unable to play...". All I know is applying that patch seemed to stop all videos from playing and no error- just the circle going round and round, even for videos that I was able to play before the update. Therefore, assumed the update cause my problem, and I rolled it back using windows 7 system restore.
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I can sign in to Youtube, but videos are not playing. It gives me a popup window error with a link to Youtube site.
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Please clear reinstall PowerDVD 16 and update to version 2406.

Greetings

Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp