Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playing blu-rays to TV
Cory1995 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2016 05:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I bought Powerdvd to play my blu-ray discs on my laptop and show them on my TV

In researching the product this is only possible if using DVI or HDMI output.

I have a 3D capable smart internet connected TV connected via HDMI and when trying to play on the tv I am told I cannot use clone mode.
Switching from clone mode and extending my display and moving the program to the tv screen displays the same message
Showing my display only on the TV screen (Screen 2) shows the same message.

I know my TV is HDCP compliant because my Chromecast works fine, however streaming my screen to the TV's chromecast shows the Powerdvd screen as black, the windows contents do not stream.

Do I need to chargeback on paypal? This isnt working as advertised

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 10. 2016 05:58

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
If you are not happy with the program, contact where you bought it to return it within 30 days of purchase. PayPal cannot help you unless they get the infotmation from the seller.

What level of PDVD 16 did you buy? HDMI requirement is 1.4. (newer).

If you want to pursue this further, please "attach the dxdiag.exe text file results on your computer. Are all your device drivers up to date? What have you tried other than what you posted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2016 07:07

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Cory1995 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you are not happy with the program, contact where you bought it to return it within 30 days of purchase. PayPal cannot help you unless they get the infotmation from the seller.

What level of PDVD 16 did you buy? HDMI requirement is 1.4. (newer).

If you want to pursue this further, please "attach the dxdiag.exe text file results on your computer. Are all your device drivers up to date? What have you tried other than what you posted.

That isn't true, ive charged back software before immediately when it didnt work, nevertheless id rather get this working if I can.

Powerdvd Ultra, came with Power2go and MediaEspresso.

Drivers up to date, it is possible the HDMI is not 1.4 or newer, its taken from a device bought before 1.4 existed, would be nice if this was stipulated before buying, I have a 2.0 somewhere, will report back after testing the other cable.
Cory1995 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Changed out cable for a HDMI 2.0, still same error message.

DXDIAG attached, I have a lot of sound devices due to audio work I do.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
214 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried a couple of other commercial blu ray movies to see if that one is defective? I don;t think I ever saw a medium to good computer loaded down with so much .

Take a look at the errors near the end of the dxdiag.exe text file:

Some of these may be a cause:

StoreAgentAcquireLicenseFailure1 go here

CLMSServerPDVD16.exe (PDVD 16 needs an update or repair)

PnPDriverNotFound go here

At this point try to corr4ect the errors and then, if it is still not working, contact Cyberlink Tech Support. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I bought Powerdvd to play my blu-ray discs on my laptop and show them on my TV

In researching the product this is only possible if using DVI or HDMI output.

I have a 3D capable smart internet connected TV connected via HDMI and when trying to play on the tv I am told I cannot use clone mode.
Switching from clone mode and extending my display and moving the program to the tv screen displays the same message
Showing my display only on the TV screen (Screen 2) shows the same message.

I know my TV is HDCP compliant because my Chromecast works fine, however streaming my screen to the TV's chromecast shows the Powerdvd screen as black, the windows contents do not stream.

Do I need to chargeback on paypal? This isnt working as advertised

How old is your laptop, as the "mod" pointed out you need a 1.4 hdmi version cable, but you could switch a 1000 times buy the latest hdmi 2.2 cable still would not work if the hdmi port on your laptop is only 1.2 so how old is your laptop check what version the hdmi port is, and stop buying more hdmi cables before you checked the port version hehe

a fair guess is if your laptop is over 4-5 years old hdmi port is prob only version 1.2 so thats a no go.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 14. 2016 18:09

Cory1995 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote How old is your laptop, as the "mod" pointed out you need a 1.4 hdmi version cable, but you could switch a 1000 times buy the latest hdmi 2.2 cable still would not work if the hdmi port on your laptop is only 1.2 so how old is your laptop check what version the hdmi port is, and stop buying more hdmi cables before you checked the port version hehe

a fair guess is if your laptop is over 4-5 years old hdmi port is prob only version 1.2 so thats a no go.

I already own the cables ive used, if you think im spending more money on software that doesnt work you're dreaming.

I own a an MSI GT72 2QE, its able to output in 4K so at minimum it must have 1.4 HDMI support to be able to do so, your fair guess is wrong.

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/gt72-2qe-dominator-pro.html#hero-specification

Running the cyberlink blu-ray play test program gives me a pass in all aspects except when I have the TV plugged in, indicating it is not a compatible screen when its technical specs indicate that it actually is. Software not detecting the TV as compliant for some reason it seems, TV is on latest firmware so seems to be a handshake issue with software/tv

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2016 18:43