Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Directions?
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't been onto the forum in a while but now can see that we have a new Moderator. Does this mean that Cyberlink now have 1st hand involvement in and knowledge from the forums?

Thanks Dafydd for all your support over many years.

Cheers Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ron,

It is pretty much business as usual. If you have any technical issues or find a bug in PowerDirector you can report it on here and I'll make sure the information gets passed on.

See the updated read me for more details: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50108.page

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ron,

It is pretty much business as usual. If you have any technical issues or find a bug in PowerDirector you can report it on here and I'll make sure the information gets passed on.

See the updated read me for more details: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50108.page

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

I think what RonH is asking, is will you provide the same level of support and assistance that Dafydd has given users over the past 10 years, his knowledge of PD and solutions provided have been invaluable. Dafydd and I joined the forum about the same time in 2006, and his continued help in those early days improved my understanding and enjoyment of using the program, or will you now rely on other forum members to take on that role Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I think a better title would be "End of an era?". Unless you've tried your hand at moderating a forum and keeping it on topic, you won't understand what a hugely difficult task it is. I wouldn't have the job at any price (even if I was temperamentaly suited to it which I'm not).

My guess is that there will be minimal response from Cyberlink and that a lot of it will be to contact customer support. What will be lost is a sense of community and mutual interest and for me it's that quality that provides the added value to PowerDirector and not the year on year tinkering with the software to try and get people to spend more money.
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all your comments.

I have been a user of PD over many years, mostly enjoy the experience and have much appreciated the participation of Dafydd and others. There are many excellent folk who advise solutions and just maybe, since we now have Cyberlink directly engaged in forums, there could be an overall gain. Time will tell.

I must say that the new look to the forums is welcome.
Cheers Ron

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2016 07:52

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"