Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FPS conflict - Help With Resolving?
[Post New]
I'm using a Galaxy note 5 to record.

It seems to not record at 30 fps but at 29.5 (or slightly lower for the front facing camera) and PD14 seems to not like this (although the free app on the phone rendered it just fine)

My only choice is 30 fps or lower to "try" and match this FPS. What do I do about this? I'm guessing everyone that ever uses this program has this issue since everything I'm doing is "stock" , I've not customized any settings or anything.

Also when it renders, I get a slight hesitation between many clips , my only guess is due to the above.

Is this a common problem? What can I do about it? I'll have to break down and send a message to support at some point but the support system for Cyberlink just seems to be a huge pain in the butt, they ask for info they already have in your user account.

Thanks for any help in advance

-Troy -- A merry heart doeth good as a medicine --
The Troy Spiral Experience on YouTube (BDSM)
[Post New]
I guess you see the frame rate conflict warning.

Actually you can just ignore it, PowerDirector will duplicate frames to fit the project setting if necessary and remain the original video speed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TroySpiral,
The variable frame rate your device (I'm guessing here) records is likely the cause of the dilemma. In Edit your video is being displayed at the closest option (and if you have the Preference/Confirmation frame rate notification checked) and is the best available but you get a warning popup. When you gain more confidence you'll probably do away with the popup. It is the output in Produce and what you select which should concern yourself with. Use Intelligent SVRT to match at best the original video.

The hesitation between clips may be to do with hardware acceleration (uncheck the options) but again I'm guessing.

If my answers haven't helped please can you provide some more data.
See Part A, B, a screenshot of the edit workspace Part E & F and data on the video being edited, Part J. Knowing what you select in Produce would also help.
See the guides at: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd
[Post New]
Thank you for the help.

Sorry I'm basicly a total beginner , well I have made SOME videos , but I've never used a "real" editor before. Much of this detail is lost on me.

Apparently my Samsung Note 5 likes to record (on its own I've never even seen a setting for it) between something like 29.5 and 30.2 (1920x100 H264.avc this being the Variable Frame Rate I assume Dafydd B was refering to. which I also never set myself , with no real ryme or reason as far as I can tell it just decides what to record at.

I'm working on a video right now. Hopefully the "intelligent SRVT" thing (do i pick the first choice?) will help.

That means I have to have the Velocity 5 checkbox checked yes? So that I can turn on SRVT(?). Until I turned off Velocity 5 youtube took a crap every single time while it was "processing". Turned it off, finally was able to upload. I'm not sure if hardware accleration was turned on but I don't think it was, I think I had to disable the whole Velocity 5 thing to get youtube to not take a crap on "processing". Does this sound right?

I know that is a bunch of noobish sounding vaguries but I'm not exactly sure what I should be even saying other than "it stutters between clips" and "I had to turn off velocity 5 for youtube to even accept my "produced" video. It would get to 90 ish percent and just finally say ... sorry cant upload (even thoguht the upload was done, it was just erroring out on the processing).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2016 18:01

-- A merry heart doeth good as a medicine --
[Post New]
The Produce Settings that I picked were (I think) what the intelligent SRVT suggests:

1440 x 1080
30fps
Progressive Framerate
"high profile"
bitrate 6000

Not sure if that is the right info or not. Also is it better to use the "online rendering" or the offline? -- A merry heart doeth good as a medicine --