Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
express projects place holders
georgiejr [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bacolod City, Philippines Joined: Feb 04, 2016 18:53 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

In express projects, is there an indication whether the place holder is for an image or video or any will do Windows 10 64-bit on I7-2600 3.4GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GT440
16MB DDR3 RAM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi georgiejr -

You can use the placeholder for either videos or photos. They're not dedicated to one thing or the other. You may find that some are more suited to images rather than video - or vice versa.

When you drop in clips/images, they are trimmed to fit the placeholder and the inbuilt effects, motion & overlays are applied.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi georgiejr,
The best way to find out what is suited to your needs is to have a play with Express projects. Just drop an image or a video into the placeholders and see what looks good.
Dafydd
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi georgiejr,
The best way to find out what is suited to your needs is to have a play with Express projects. Just drop an image or a video into the placeholders and see what looks good.
Dafydd

Hi can placeholders be created from scratch?

Thanks
[Post New]
Quote Hi georgiejr,
Dafydd

Thanks

Yes it can be created. You can download free templates I created at Free Powerdirector Templates PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi georgiejr,
Dafydd

Thanks

Yes it can be created. You can download free templates I created at Free Powerdirector Templates

Thank you - yes I can see that I can download templates made by others but I'm still wondering how I can do this for myself - are there any tutorials?

Also the place holders - where presumably you create a template and can the drag photos or videos into them? Can that be done without using the projects created by powerdirector?

Phil
[Post New]
Quote Hi georgiejr,
Dafydd

Thanks

Yes it can be created. You can download free templates I created at Free Powerdirector Templates

Thank you - yes I can see that I can download templates made by others but I'm still wondering how I can do this for myself - are there any tutorials?

Also the place holders - where presumably you create a template and can the drag photos or videos into them? Can that be done without using the projects created by powerdirector?

Phil

Hi Phil

What I mean is that you can visit my site and download my templates for free and study them. Unfortunately there's no tutorials for creating your own PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates