Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray too long - over an hour of blank space after - SOLVED PD14
dweezilz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2013 20:17 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not quite sure what's going on here but my project is a combination of two HD videos of a play combined together using different tracks along with synched external audio on separate audio tracks. The video ends at about 2 hours 20 minutes, however, after I produce the file (well within size to fit on a blu-ray) the disc creation shows I don't have enough space on the 25GB disc. I tried to use SmartFit which DID work, however, the resulting Blu-Ray actually has over an hour of blank space at the end! I'm guessing this extra hour of time is what's causing it to be too large. How do I get rid of that? I want it to go back to the menu at 2:20:00 anyway and that extra hour prevents that...for an hour of blank screen. I'm sure this is the size issue. Anyone know what the problem could be? I did notice a subtitle track that I had checked above all my tracks which is empty. Before re-producing the project, could that be the issue? Even when I uncheck it, my timeline goes to 3 hours and 38 minutes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2016 18:43

dweezilz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I figured it out after finding another post that was similar. Sorry if this duplicated the question. I exanded out as far as I could go on the timeline and somehow found a tiny audio file at the very end of the project. No clue how it got there out over an hour on the track. I've removed it and will re-product...hopefully that's it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2016 11:25

[Post New]
Why not try other video editors, both free or paid may help.
dweezilz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't know what you mean but I intended to say re-produce the video not re-project. Powerdirector is working great for me and has for years.

Anyway this did fix the issue. I've noticed now that cutting and removing chunks of video from tracks leaves tiny frame fragments far down the timeline which is what caused this. You can't see them unless you expand the timeline to frame level so they are hidden otherwise. Never had this issue with PD7-PD13 so must be a new bug. Definitely not good but at least fixable if you know what to look for.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2016 07:57

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Always pretty nice to have discovered one's own issue and resolve it... isn't it nice?

If you could go back to your initial post and edit the subject line and add something like 'SOLVED - PD14 ' added to your original subject text.... that would be great!

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive