Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DJI Phantom 3 Pro and PowerDirector 14
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Remco - apologies but I'd like to ask a question about produced settings - and how they affect video clip quality on 'non-4K' video clips - if I may?

I know you (Tony/Robert/Remco) are talking 4K here guys but may I ask... I would your opinions about if you think you would see a difference in the 'rippling' scenes/places if the bitrate of 15 compared to 59Mbps was applied to 1920 x1080/60p video clips???

I know - I need to get some video of such a scene and then apply those settings to a produced clip and look for myself. I have some video from last year on the water so might see if any would be good for this sort of comparison. But what is your opinions?

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2016 09:06

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
CS The Bit Rate (#Mbps) is the amount of information every second of video contains. Logically, then the higher the bit rate the better the quality of video. The higher bit rates require more bandwidth to playback, and of course the files can be much larger too.

Given the above, there must be a substantial difference between 15 and 59 Mbps, but whether you would notice it in everyday video clips is debatable..

Over to......................??

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
(not sure what you are implying Robert with the comment 'Over to......??' (apologies) ... unless you are handing comment over to the next person that wants to comment)

I am familiar with the understanding that higher bit rate may/can affect or make for a higher quality/better appearing video appearance.

I am limited to viewing 1920x1080 resolution video clips - my monitor is maxed out at this setting - Dell SR2220L(HDMI).

I think I have to use video clips that have movement in them like previously stated, leaves oscillating in the wind - moving water over riffles may be the sort of video subject where I can see the difference better. So with a 1920x1080/60p clip - and using trees/leaves blowing in the wind or water flowing over riffles - I should see really obviously the difference in 15Mbps and 60Mbps correct?

'Everyday video, I understand seeing this difference may be more difficult to see.

CS
PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
RemcoVi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2016 05:17 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
@ ynotfish and The Shadowman
I think i am almost there, i have rendered with the suggested settings and it improved alot, but for some reason the start of the movie was still crap

Now i have disabled all the options like improve quality of the lightning and the option of video improvement and now the quality is alot better.

One question, how do you setup the thumbnail the video has when it is saved on your computer or uploaded to any media?

@CS2014
I know i can't answer that question better then ynotfish and The Shadowman. They have helped me alot and i am just starting with video editing.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good job RemcoVi!

There's a lot of stuff to get your head around, but you're getting on top of it. If you start with good quality clips and don't do too much to them, you're off to a good start.

Changing video thumbnails for Windows and YouTube are two completely different processes.

For YouTube, read this - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72431?hl=en or watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWLkxi270M Your account needs to be verified with a contact phone number, I think.

To change the thumbnail that appears in Windows, watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckbAZFpqags

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CS2014
[Post New]
I must apologize to you though Remco - me starting that sort of inquiry is 'hi-jacking' and I do apologize for that. I'll start a new thread to ask this.

Thanks

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CS -

Personally, I wouldn't regard that as hijacking at all. 4K or not, your video bitrate question is at the core of Remco's original question. In fact, that's where the discussion was leading...

As you've stated, the difference in picture quality is going to be more noticeable the more complex & fast moving the video action is.

If you were producing, for example, a colour board just sitting there doing nothing you'd barely see a difference if it was produced at 1Mbps or 50Mbps. A static shot of a quiet garden on a still day? 15 or 59Mbps would have little impact.

BUT if you're a skateboarder with a POV action cam on your helmet, or on a fast moving train shooting the scenery flying by - there'll be a massive difference if you produce at 15/60Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Pettros1
Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
'One question, how do you setup the thumbnail the video has when it is saved on your computer or uploaded to any media?'
My answer to that is select a frame in your timeline in title or wherever and take a still snapshot or ctrl P
Then change it in YouTube Video Manager.

Sorry Yknotfish has already anwsered this question.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2016 23:41

PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH
Pettros1
Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 'One question, how do you setup the thumbnail the video has when it is saved on your computer or uploaded to any media?'

My answer to that is select a frame in your timeline in title or wherever and take a still snapshot or ctrl P
Then change it in YouTube Video Manager.

The photo will be in your 'export folder' wherever you have put it or by default showing under file in preferences.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2016 23:27

PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH