Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Random black frame in between clips
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Neil is there a way to add empty transition? I made a video clip where are a lot of cuts. Is there also any way to add that transition for each cut automatically?

Edit

Oh I just see sj53 says transitions didn't help here...

Cheers
A.

Hi, Karab44!

Empty transitions? Is there such a beast? I can maybe suggest the "no effect" option but I don't think that would suit your purpose. As to automatically adding transitions, earlier versions of Power Director(I think) offered such a facility, but the transitions would all be the same type(e.g., all "fade" or "wipe" or other choice), there was also the option in PD7 and 8 to "copy" the transition into clipboard and "paste" it where you wanted/needed it. I used that by setting my transition("fade") at say, 5 seconds, copied it and pastd it in as requred as a sort-of placeholder, I'd then go through and replace the fade with a more elaborate transition effect, as suggested by the previous/next scene. PD14 regrettably does not allow such cut-&-paste utility, such a shame, really, as such a utility is really useful and proved so in PD7 & 8. Automatic insertion of transitions might be an idea for PD16, seeing that PD15 is about to be unleashed!

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Yeah, a dummy transition. It could be somehow useful, I guess
[Post New]
I had several black frames in between clips and was able to finally detect and delete them all in the Time Line View. There is one left that, no matter how much I stretch out those clips, I cannot see. When I try to delete from the Story Board View (so easy to see there!), I don't have that option. I am just trying to learn this program; it is not as easy as I thought it would be. Instructional videos do not cover the issues I have had, and I am having to really work hard to find answers! SO HAPPY when I'm rocking right along with the software. SO FRUSTRATED when I can't find the answers but ON CLOUD 9 when I do!
[Post New]
Pd14 is very very buggy
[Post New]
YEAH! GONE! VANISHED!

I took a closer look at the empty black "clip" and found that it was 3 microseconds long. I changed the duration of the clip to the left by ADDING that 3 microseconds to it. Walaw! The troublesome little "clip" vanished! Of course, being that insignificant (3 microseconds in length), I don't see how I would have had a gap in my production. However, the problem was the size of it which made it impossible to find on the Time Line to remove. So . . .

In theory, I guess, with the larger ones, you could play with the duration time of the two surrounding clips (EASIER TO DO IN STORY BOARD VIEW) so that there would not be a gap of time in between them, thus removing the empty black "clip" between them. Following that, you could readjust the duration of the two surrounding clips like what you want (probably the default of 4 seconds each). I will have to try that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2016 16:50

SO HAPPY when I'm rocking right along with the software. SO FRUSTRATED when I can't find the answers but ON CLOUD 9 when I do!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 11:25

[Post New]
Thanks. Sent a PM. SO HAPPY when I'm rocking right along with the software. SO FRUSTRATED when I can't find the answers but ON CLOUD 9 when I do!