Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Create Disk, selection HQ- Smart Fit

I agree with Neil and others on the need to manually set the bit rate.

Some stutter players or do not read with HQ settings and Smart Fit especially with menu.

Many people have asked this change. Wait for version 16? Maybe we could be dead. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Provide option to customize library transitions for example. If the default transition is say "swipe from left" give option to swipe from other three sides.

Increase muliticam from four to six

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2016 06:08

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Provide option to customize library transitions for example. If the default transition is say "swipe from left" give option to swipe from other three sides.

Hi, BabIndia!

Yes! That's already available! You select the direction of the wipe by placing the transition into your video, and while it's highlighted, you click on "modify" to select behaviour(overlap or cross) and wipe direction, up, down, left or right. By the way, the default direction is actually "up".

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
I like suggestion 2 very much...stop the timeline marker at the end. If I want to put it back I will, but much more often then not, I have to pull it back to the end. Not a biggy, but an annoyance, none the less. Dustie
I'm still working on it....
[Post New]
This may have already been brought up, but keyframes for masks should be implemented. And of course make the mask's scale/etc be independent of the scaling done with the video.

To get the effect I wanted I had to render a version of the clip I wanted where it grew and zoomed in, and then put that back into my project and threw a mask over the top of it so that it would scale WITHIN the mask. That's a lot of work that could be fixed by implementing that.
[Post New]
Just posted this as a question but a way to link 2 or more seperate text boxes together so they act as one object when keyframing them.

Altering kerning/spacing etc isn't always enough to get them as close together as required

IE just being able to drag a box around them and right click 'link'
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Just a few things:

The subtitle room supports .srt files but it doesn't understand the / tags which turn italics on and off. Instead they show up on the screen verbatim as "Hello!".

Speaking of subtitles, it seems to me that almost every operation in the subtitles room is unnecessarily slow. Should it really take 3 or 4 minutes to load a tiny text file and attach it to the video? Surely some optimization can be done here. (That being said, I'm thankful that CL PD even supports subtitles, as many other NLEs in this category do not).

When creating masks, it sure would be nice if I could draw my own mask right there on the screen in addition to using the pre-made ones or loading a graphic file from disk.

Some very simple drawing tools like circle, rectangle, line and freehand in the PiP room would be very useful sometimes. Additionally, the ability to edit the draw-on-the-screen lines from PiP after they are made (possibly by editing the curve they follow) would be useful.

The ability to play the video back inside CL PD at slow speed so that when adding beats (manual operation of the detect beats dialog) it is easier to do. This would not affect the actual speed of the finished product. This is only so that you can get the beats timed more easily. Sometimes the beats are pretty fast. Nothing special: 75%, 50% and maybe 25% speed would be fine.

That's all I can think of right now.

Just thought of another one: mp4s (and other types) can have embedded information in them like subtitles and chapters. It would be super nice if, when you load one of those videos CL PD could recognize that and offer to set your chapters using that informaiton and/or use the subtitle information as well.

Russell1967

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2016 22:03

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
smsavage32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2016 10:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Perspective on PIP.

MS PowerPoint can play videos with a perspective applied so that the video look like the are at an angle.
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Well, this feature is there already (sort of...). When you're in the PiP room, you'll notice that in the corners of the video there are blue squares. You can use these to change the perspective of the video. They can even be key-framed! (Click on the 'freeform' keyframer diamond). Let me know if this helps!

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
When's Power Director 15 expected? Sometimes September? If so, all features are already set in stone, no? :
Russell1967
[Post New]
Well, at first I was going to say that PD14 just came out, but actually - as hard as it is for me to believe - it's been about a year! So, I would say that PD 15 is probably right around the corner (historically they've been released around August-October). Another thing that makes me think it might be coming up shortly is that they've been promoting some major deals lately, which they usually do right before the new version comes out. I waited and waited and then finally pounced on a deal that had an upgrade from PD 13 Ultimate to PD 14 Ultimate WITH Colordirector 4 for about half the price of CD4 by itself!

I hope they have some really cool stuff planned. The user-defined masking tools I mentioned would be SUPER DUPER cool and useful! Even if it is only polygonal (instead of bezier or some other curve model) it would be really nice.

Russell1967

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 09. 2016 21:48

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
Make it STABLE!!! stop adding bells and whistles... it's already great as it is... *if everything worked as intended. 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
Russell1967
[Post New]
What sorts of stability problems are you having? I think I've had it crash maybe once or possibly twice since I've had it.

Now, another NLE, whose name rhymes with "finnacle" is world-famous for crashing. Maybe they've fixed this in the last few versions, but I upgraded through three versions with them and finally said "It's not worth the frustration" and started looking for alternatives....which is how I came across PD!

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
UHD Blu-ray.

ty.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
quim111 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lisbon, Portugal Joined: Jan 16, 2014 21:46 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Whould be great the the capture function allow audio bitrate above the current maximum of 384. quim11
Russell1967
[Post New]
For that matter, it would just be nice to have more control over bitrates and other aspects of video/audio, period. But, I'm sure the reason is that PD is geared towards the consumer rather than the professional and they want to keep things simple.

Mighty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2014 02:39 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm editing my first multicamera video, and some things have come up that I need.

First, Multicam Director isn't what I want. That's a bit too simple for what I have in mind. But, one feature that I desperately want from that module in the main timeline is "Sync to marker". Since the cameras have different views, I need to do that in stages. I need to sync two or three when I can see one distinct event. Then, lock those down and sync the next camera or two farther down the line. And so on. (Sync to audio won't work, because there's talking near some of the cameras, which defeats that feature.)

Sometimes I have gaps between clips in a track, (some of the files provided to me were corrupt) so I need the ability to lock some clips and float others when performing a marker sync. I suppose I could handle that by putting them in different tracks. But, that could begin to clutter my timeline. Maybe if there were a way to merge tracks that don't have any video that overlaps?

Two problems with Multicam Director are that the preview windows are teeny. And, it's limited to four tracks. I have seven cameras altogether. I would very much like to right-click on a track in the main timeline and open it in its own preview window. I have multiple monitors, so I like those to be detached/detachable so that I can stick them over on another monitor, playing in sync with my main preview window. And, size them to fit my current needs.

Some of the GoPro footage my teammate provides to me appears to have a one-second overlap between clips. I assume this is a setting in a very popular camera. Therefore, I'd like to see PowerDirector have an option within a track to automagically handle that overlap for me.

I have to mute any incidental music in my videos, so I'd like some easy way to mark in and out spots for audio that don't require splitting the clip, or manually dragging dots on the audio track. More along the lines of "Start mute - End mute" markers. The ability to set a fade time, like 1/10 - 1/5 of a second would be a nice bonus.

Until then, I'd like to see the "Mute clip" coontext menu function included in the keyboard shortcut section. Yes, I know there's a "Mute" hotkey. That's to toggle the entire soundtrack on and off, to save the editor's sanity. "Mute clip" is not avaiable, that I've found. I have to right-click and choose from the menu for each instance.

That's all I can think of, for now. Hopefully some of these can make it into PD 16.

Drake Christensen
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
For me it had compatibility with Red Giant plugins, mascaras alpha in chroma key and more accurate keyframes adjustments, more accurate color correction wheel shadows, midtones, highlights and adjustment layer, to me would not use any other Unless editor PowerDirector These are improvements que desire in pdr que hope some of These have Been added in pdr15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2016 17:02

Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
One feature another editor has had for years - video track groups. Literally group two or more tracks and those tracks are rendered as one track. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
kuko61 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2016 09:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: True Optical flow for slow motion and timelapse

+1 Optical flow algorithm is much better for most retiming cases than frame blending (interpolation)
Powerdirector deserved a better slow motion algorithm.

And it would be good support for OFX plugins.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2016 09:24

Russell1967
[Post New]
Yeah, and optical flow is available as open source code so CL wouldn't even have to research it. There's a free open source program called "slowmovideo" (by granjow) that does some very interesting things for dynamically adjusting the speed of video. As far as I know it's the only free option out there right now.

Anyway, as PowerDirector 15 is due to be released any day now (my guess), really we should be putting in suggestions for PD16 instead. Hopefully Cyberlink reads these suggestions...