Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Fix all the PD14 bugs and performance issues first.

Be sure your computer is top notch, in particular when using a lot of fx's, transitions, etc. They slow down considerably if your PC/laptop is not fast for video consumming tasks!

Be sure to give PD priority on the core as follows: alt, control, delete > task manager > search PD in the processes > details> highlight PD.exe and click with the right button of your mouse and open menu > set priority > HIGH, or experiment what is best.

Close all unnecessary programs that work in the backgroup (also your browser as long you edit). So give editing absolute priority!

Be sure your OS is 100% perfectly installed (nothing possibly missing due to changes, downloading programs and deletes). Overtime a lot happens!

Use external hard disks (preferably SSD's).

Important: defrag HD's regurlarly before you start editing to get faster access.

When this all is done, and your PC/laptop is fast enough... and your drivers are up to date then probably no crashes or laggings except if again you use a lot of fx's, transitions, etc. If you see the mouse not responding fast enough something needs update or better performances (ram, core, drives, graphic card, register, whole computer).

If no help throw your computer through the window and buy a fast lane one... :

Alain II :

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2016 07:18

Killerhurtz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2016 11:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Allan II you misunderstand the comment. Project folders in the media center window thingy...
[Post New]
I work on the workstation
[Post New]
I would like the option to eliminate the audio track. When there is no audio track in the original, and no audio is needed, why waste more file size to put in screechy and hissing noises when the non-existant audio track is not selected for inclusion in rendering?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03. 2016 17:58

[Nearly ordered: Xeon E5-1660 v3, 8C, 3.0/3.5GHz; Quadro M5000 8GB 2048C; 32GB 4x8 DDR4 2133MHz; 1TB SATA SSD; 4TB 5400rpm SATA]
Superior performance results are never produced by marketing slogans or financial strategies - they are carefully engineered.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Analyst7,
there does exist the control to add new tracks to your timelines, but with the option you can easily add only an audio or video track, it does not have to be both, then place your media in that new line/track. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Analyst7!

I was in the middle of writing a reply when my AVG broke in and insisted I restart my computer(AVG does a great job of protecting my computer from viruses but can be a damn nuisance at times), anyway, what I'm saying(or tried to say before being rudely interrupted) is that the audio tracks for Video Track 1(master) and Video Track 2(PiP inserts) is fixed and cannot be deleted. Your only option is to mute the audio tracks for these two(if both are used). From PD9 onwards there has been the option of adding extra audio-only or video-only tracks to a project but this applies to only those additional tracks. It's likely to remain this way for quite a few future versions of Power Director, as I see it developing.

Neil.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
My #1 pet peeve about PowerDirector - when importing a new file, WHY does it have to search for 'RichVideo Information' to import scenes?

I NEVER use this feature. If other people do, that's fine but give a choice to TURN IT OFF. It just wastes my time waiting for PD to import my file so I can get to work. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Vibs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2015 01:05 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Please and Please........ Please Please.....

TO

GUYS/DEVELOPERS/MANAGEMENT

PLEASE CHANGE THE FX PREVIEW EFFECTS "FLOWER" PIC TO SOME 3 OR 2 SEC REAL VIDEO CLIP.

ITS DAMMMM SO HORRIBLE. EVERYTIME NEED TO DROP FX TO TIME LINE TO SEE THE EFECT.

And yes,

Would be awsome to add some after effects or plugin of third party. REST PD IS No 1 no dought, Adobe Premiere cannt stand in front of PD. Simply amazing.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perhaps, with the iminent release of PD15(within the next 3-5 months), a new thread should be started: Suggestions for Power Director 16! I really don't see that anything else could be added to PD15.

Neil.
Vibs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2015 01:05 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
More,

Mostly all video creators work up to 2-4 movies to get best clip to match the music/moments etc.
And every time to get the best clip we need to drag the videos on time line. Result: check/uncheck visibility + time taking if movie shot in HD more then 60pp.
Better if it can be done: when we import media, player on right side can add tool to mark the clip and then drag the selected clip on the time line.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2016 02:12

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I usually do not want to add a video snapshot or produced video to Media Room. It would be nice if PowerDirector would ask what to do before adding it automatically.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I usually do not want to add a video snapshot or produced video to Media Room. It would be nice if PowerDirector would ask what to do before adding it automatically.

Don, hi!

If you're referring to the sample content that appears in the media room upon opening of Power Director, you can stop this by going to preferences, select "Project" and untick "Automatically load sample clips...." Preferences are accessed by clicking on the cogwheel at right of the aspect ratio detail at top of the screen.

Cheers!

Neil.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I usually do not want to add a video snapshot or produced video to Media Room. It would be nice if PowerDirector would ask what to do before adding it automatically.

Don, hi!

If you're referring to the sample content that appears in the media room upon opening of Power Director, you can stop this by going to preferences, select "Project" and untick "Automatically load sample clips...." Preferences are accessed by clicking on the cogwheel at right of the aspect ratio detail at top of the screen.

Cheers!

Neil.

Thanks for the quick reply but I was not referring to the sample content. When you complete the editing process and render the final product, a copy of the final product is added to the project media, even if it was just a test render. It then has to be deleted. Same applies to snapshot. If you make a snapshot of one frame of video, a copy of the snapshot is added to the project media. I use the snapshot tool frequently but the snapshot is usually for something outside the video so the snapshot has to be deleted from the media room.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Don, hi!

Cheers!

Neil.

Quote: Thanks for the quick reply but I was not referring to the sample content. When you complete the editing process and render the final product, a copy of the final product is added to the project media, even if it was just a test render. It then has to be deleted. Same applies to snapshot. If you make a snapshot of one frame of video, a copy of the snapshot is added to the project media. I use the snapshot tool frequently but the snapshot is usually for something outside the video so the snapshot has to be deleted from the media room.

Hello Don!

That's curious! I don't think I've seen that sort of thing before. I know that a clip appears in the "media library" under the name given to it once produced(rendered), or if a still image is taken from a frame of video, but "test renders"? I was never aware of such, I didn't knowyou could do a "test render"! That's a new one on me!

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2016 21:26

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Don, hi!

Cheers!

Neil.

Quote: Thanks for the quick reply but I was not referring to the sample content. When you complete the editing process and render the final product, a copy of the final product is added to the project media, even if it was just a test render. It then has to be deleted. Same applies to snapshot. If you make a snapshot of one frame of video, a copy of the snapshot is added to the project media. I use the snapshot tool frequently but the snapshot is usually for something outside the video so the snapshot has to be deleted from the media room.

Hello Don!

That's curious! I don't think I've seen that sort of thing before. I know that a clip appears in the "media library" under the name given to it once produced(rendered), or if a still image is taken from a frame of video, but "test renders"? I was never aware of such, I didn't knowyou could do a "test render"! That's a new one on me!

Cheers!

Neil.

I’m not skilled at articulating my thoughts but you are almost to the point of understanding so I’ll try again. I should have said “initial rendering” instead of “test rendering”. After reviewing the first rendering of a video project, I invariably find minor problems that require additional editing. That first rendering has already been added to the project media and must be deleted. Actually, I never want the rendered file to be added to project media.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, Don!

It's all in the wording of the phrase to get a point across. Sometimes(often) I'll stumble with what I'm trying to say or explain, but eventually the message gets through - somehow! I get your meaning now. You render an edit once, view it, and think "Could've done with a different transition in that spot" or "possibly a bit too much/too little content". Probably the only thing I could advise is, before rendering(producing), watch the clip through on the timeline first, then add/subtract content as needed or change/modify transitions or other effects prior to render. That's about the only thing I can suggest at the moment.

Cheers!

Neil.
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see Cyberlink create a plug-in like Adobe After Effects. Of course it would be a light consumer version. Or ask New Blu to create one.

HT Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I would like a plug in by PD that can do some of the things Adobe After effects does. Or maybe New blu can develop something.

Woops I didn't realize my post from yesterday went through. I was looking for it at the top of the list.

HT

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 16. 2016 14:35

Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Disc menus, an impossible task?

After countless hours of testing I think I understand how it works. Evidently it was not creat a unified vision, perhaps by more people.

Being the full order. But poorly assembled, if it were not completely redone (desired solution) you could at least

In PREVIEW WINDOW permit

1) a change of the colors fonts in the MAIN MENU and SCENE MENU

2) change the size of tumbneil in MENU SCENE W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've said this before and I'll say it again!

The option to burn discs at DVD-SP, which was available up to PD8, should be available in PD15. I know quite a few on this forum tend to "run down"(deride, in other words) that option, as they reckon the picture quality isn't as good as DVD-HQ. My own experience there has been a freezing, stuttering disc after buning at HQ, plus the capacity of the disc is halved(effectively). But burning at DVD-SP, the playback is smooth and stable, no freezing, no stuttering, and the picture quality is about what you'd expect from a standard definition digital broadcast, not at all bad! Maybe I'm wasting time commenting here as PD15 is only a couple of months away from release, so if PD15 won't have authoring at DVD-SP, then hopefully it will be in PD16 when they start planning that version.

Neil.
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Create Disk, selection HQ- Smart Fit

I agree with Neil and others on the need to manually set the bit rate.

Some stutter players or do not read with HQ settings and Smart Fit especially with menu.

Many people have asked this change. Wait for version 16? Maybe we could be dead. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17