Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
When 15 goes on sale I'm sure the new features will be front and center of the adverts. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When 15 goes on sale I'm sure the new features will be front and center of the adverts.

I'd welcome suggestions that are written in this topic W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Form new extra keyboard shortcuts

provides single-key rollback for 5 seconds from current cursor position and play. Handy for reviewing edits you've just made, or rechecking what you've just seen without having to use separate actions to stop, go back, and play.

- Using the n and p keys, it goes to the next or previous edit and replays from 5 seconds before. Again, handy for reviewing each edit of a nearly-finished project. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
Form new extra keyboard shortcuts

Tip repeatedly reported

Single keystrokes allow you to trim from the cursor to the start of the clip, or from the cursor to the end of the clip, or to mark a start and end point in the middle of the clip and instantly delete the marked portion. Trimming is assigned to the i and o keys, and also to the [ and ] keys, so you can use whichever you are familiar with. The s and d keys are used to split and delete the middle part of a clip. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
hi All

I'm a PD14 users since 6 months now. Very happy with, regarding to other solutions on the market, except on some point like sound management and GPU usage.

I'm not making DVD or BR, just assembling clips with fx, transitions, titles etc.

I fully agree on above wishes.
For me:
- a more efficient usage of GPU / CUDA capabilities: with the available power of GPU we should have a very fluid timeline in HD today...FW and transition and quiet good (in addition I use 3rd part FX from Pixelan)
- a better management of sound: it's very poor comparing to competitors. the sliders for mixing is poor responsive and too simple for an efficient sound adjustment. CL should have a look to premiere elements features.

Hope these requirements will be taken into account.
Bruno I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Bruno, welcome to the forum.
I would like to see all the modules to be un-dockable. When I have several timelines and need to adjust color or use any of the lower buttons of the FIXIT module, including APPLY TO ALL, I need to lower the timelines to reveal the hidden/covered buttons.

I'd like to add that PD 15 is probably well into the design stage and further suggestions here, on this topic, may or may not be seen, and implementation is doubtful. It's not a bad thing, just the way it is, and nobody should NOT post here if they have a good idea, maybe it will get in to V16!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2016 07:18

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Barry,

For me, a enhanced usage of GPU/CUDA would be a priority, as it eases the global workflow and timeline fluidity...

we'll see what will be implemented. In any case, will move to V15 (except if it's too buggy !) I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Cyberlink is quite good at chasing bugs, patches come out frequently if needed. Let's face it, how many platforms can you test on. Frankly I'm amazed any of this works, I still get giddy just powering up these amazing machines. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes i just installed the 2707 patch. Really appreciate these updates.
Hope they are efficient and reactive to solve bugs to provide some improvements in between major releases. I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
Amanda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2016 00:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PLEASE support Vector files

Thanks
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

This thread has continued now since 24th September, last year! Rather old by forum standards. Just an observation, mind you! To be honest, and I don't mind being wrong on this, but I hardly expect many, or even any, of the suggestions thus far made in this thread, to be implemented in PD15. As for me, after splashing out on PD14 and finding that PD14 leaves a few things to be desired in relation to disc authoring, transition behaviour, etc., I'll wait now until PD15 is released before I decide whether or not to "get my hot little hands on it".

Neil.
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice to have special effects that could be added to titles. Such as burning letters, water dripping off letters, snow falling on letters, letters melting away, etc.

HT Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

MerlinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Mar 28, 2016 14:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
There are so many things to like about PD (compared to Sony Studio / Adobe Premier), but there are many mostly simple things that could improve it further..
Here are my suggestions (that may be repeats of the comments above):

Ability to have multiple projects open at the same time (multiple instances of PD)!

Control/Keypress Options:
> more control over the forward backward movement, some user options between the frame / 1 second / 1 minute /clip jump points please.
> the space does start/pause - but like Sony Studio, i want another option to pause but return to point where i started the play.
> Keypress preferences - you can save them to a named set. But you cant 'select' a set to overwrite/delete etc. Would be handy to have predefined sets that are similar to other edit products.
> To un-split a video (with warning if that would change duration)! And re-link video with its sound.
> Keypresses to change the In/Out clip points (duration) frame by frame on the timeline.
> Keypress consistency - all modules (PIP/Trim/Audio Director/Wave edit/ etc.) to use the same keypresses for start/pause/zoom/etc as set for the main edit / timeline view.

Auto-Ripple/Auto-Crossfade modes
> when changing clip duration or anything that changes its duration (like speeding up) then i need the system to auto 'ripple' the following clips. In many cases it truncates the following clip without warning.
> ability to 'reposition/slip' a clip from its underlying source in the timeline (ctrl+drag)
> view the offest time and ability to re-set the sound back to match the video - when you extend the sound so it is longer that the video, it is quite easy to offset it from the video.
> Audio: Fade shape - when fading music it can be useful to set the prefered curve for that fade (again - see Sony Studio).

Transition 'extention' Mode when using Overlap?
> When changing a transition from A-then-B to Overlap, the clips move - causing a gap in the timeline. (see auto-ripple).
.. so could we have a way to EXTEND the two clips with ether a static frame or set of frames (like slow-mo) over the transition, so the overall duration does not change!
..though if the clips are in the middle of a longer 'source' then the overlap could simply move the in/out points of the clip instead.

Playback
> Do not return to the start when playing finishes at the end - a real pain when you are focussed on making small refinements to the end of a video.
> Playback speed - to be able to playback at a faster/slower speed for quick review (with sound up to 2x speed).

Flatten the Action Menu!
> There may be many things you can do to a clip but i find it tedious that some things are under sub-menus (magic things / tools). Would prefer all clip options to be in one single list, if screen space allows, and only sub-menu if screen is small.

Gain / Opacity control or 'mode'
> The system has nice capability to alter the gain (audio track) or opacity (video, if fade in/out has been chosen).
> But it would be really nice to be able to set 'guide points' so you can set these only at set gains/opacity levels. It is very easy to make a mess of these tiny control points!
> And/Or to auto enlarge the track when in Gain/Opacity edit 'mode' to make the settings more accurate.

Effects
> Ability to apply effects 'slowly' - like fade-in and fade-out - but for the effect.

Modify Clip
> It needs to many 'clicks' to set Fade-In/Out (one for the fades option, then which you want - in or out). Why not just tick in/out?

In/Out points on the Time-Line edit..
> these are hardly used - and always seem to 'snap' back together. But they should be useful for:
> setting a playback 'loop' (rather than just clip or movie)
> setting a section to copy / render / produce / trim
> setting a section to 'zoom' into Merlin
[Post New]
I didn't read all the previous pages, BUT:

1. Add 21:9 aspect ratio (Cinema)[/list]

2. Allow 'Burn' to USB - title page etc per DVD (may have to use XFAT USB format for large files)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2016 23:31

i73930k, 16gb 2133, R9 Nano
[Post New]
Oh - and Allow separate (from output/rendered file) file location for PDS files (in Settings, File) i73930k, 16gb 2133, R9 Nano
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Screen Recorder:

1. When setting the Custom Fixed Dimensions, I would like the ability to force the app to suit those dimensions so the app fills the set Fixed Dimension size.
Note, this is the opposite to how the Lock to App feature works.

2. In the Settings, the Frame Rate needs to go up to 60 FPS.

3. It would be great if the Screen Recorder was also a separate app which was either free (yeah I can wish) or for a small charge. The reason for this is because I might want a team to simply screen record videos for me, and then I can produce them in PowerDirector.
As it is I'm having to look at other apps like Open Broadcaster Software so that they can record.
Having the Screen Recorder free would also be a good entry point for other people who are currently not PowerDirector users, especially with its link.

Apart from the above, I find the Screen Recorder to be quite good.
[Post New]
Fix all the PD14 bugs and performance issues first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2016 03:21

Killerhurtz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2016 11:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
PD 14/15 needs projetct folders. Very hard to manage larger projects with its current layout.

KH
[Post New]
True Optical flow for slow motion and timelapse
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PD 14/15 needs projetct folders. Very hard to manage larger projects with its current layout.

KH

Yes, yu are right but then following solution:

a) use a larger screen (24 or 27 inches) and reduce you timeline layout.

b) use an additional screen for you "playback screen only that I would like to see doubled" as other pro soft has. See Hitfilm

a+b help you a lot already.

Alain II :
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Fix all the PD14 bugs and performance issues first.

Be sure your computer is top notch, in particular when using a lot of fx's, transitions, etc. They slow down considerably if your PC/laptop is not fast for video consumming tasks!

Be sure to give PD priority on the core as follows: alt, control, delete > task manager > search PD in the processes > details> highlight PD.exe and click with the right button of your mouse and open menu > set priority > HIGH, or experiment what is best.

Close all unnecessary programs that work in the backgroup (also your browser as long you edit). So give editing absolute priority!

Be sure your OS is 100% perfectly installed (nothing possibly missing due to changes, downloading programs and deletes). Overtime a lot happens!

Use external hard disks (preferably SSD's).

Important: defrag HD's regurlarly before you start editing to get faster access.

When this all is done, and your PC/laptop is fast enough... and your drivers are up to date then probably no crashes or laggings except if again you use a lot of fx's, transitions, etc. If you see the mouse not responding fast enough something needs update or better performances (ram, core, drives, graphic card, register, whole computer).

If no help throw your computer through the window and buy a fast lane one... :

Alain II :

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2016 07:18