Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 hang in Edit mode
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
I'm editing a project, mainly clip triming and applying the stabilizer fix. I'm not sure what the pattern is at this time, but over several hours of continuous work, PD13 hangs on me in various scenarios, not always but on a regurlar basis:

1. double clicking on a Title on the timeline

2. hitting 'play' after selecting Movie (from clip)

3. saving a menu template

4. etc.

Other times I'll get a Windows warning about running out of memory on a 16GB system and suggesting I close PD13 before loosing changes. I can see svchost.exe grabbing 4 to 6 GB on top of PD13's 2GB; as soon as I exit PD13, that 4-6GB comes back as available.

I'm at 2907.1 running Ultimate x64. I welcome any ideas as to why I'm seeing this instability. But at this time I'm specially interested in hearing from other users experiencing such behavior. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CV27,
Thank you for posting your observations and issue, very interesting. Please could you attach three items, a diagnostic, a screenshot of your project insitu in the Edit workspace and the MediaInfo of the video being edited?
Part B, E & F and J in the guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page

I have forwarded your observations to CyberLink.
Dafydd
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I've attached the traditional dxdiag (32 & 64). As for mediainfo, I've been working with 137 clips across 4 projects and unfortunately don't remember precisely which clips triggered the issues; the same goes true for screenshots of problems; you know, you just want to move on and finish when you've going at it for hours and hours.

My post was mostly to get feedback from other more involved users.

I'm surprised, disappointed, no one posted similar behaviors. I suspect the casual user may not trigger these issues. I was hoping users that extensively use features (not simply drag to timeline and produce) would chime in as I suspect PD13 gets in trouble when asked to do many things concurrently. But then again, it might be a bad installation on my part or conflicts within my system.

But similar stability issues with other products in the past tells me it's a problem with most if not all function rich products: you race to cram in more functions, the product's logic gets so complicated, not enough time to fully test, no clear strategy for regression testing, deadlines, etc.

I do appreciate your help though and your line-in to CL.
 Filename
CVidal-DxDiag-64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
408 time(s)
 Filename
CVidal-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
388 time(s)
I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi CV27,
Take a look at the latest patch: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44734.page
In the patch, CyberLink have enhanced the stability of applying OpenCL2.0 effects in AMD/NV VGA.
I had referred your post to CyberLink.
Dafydd
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi CV27,
Take a look at the latest patch: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44734.page
In the patch, CyberLink have enhanced the stability of applying OpenCL2.0 effects in AMD/NV VGA.
I had referred your post to CyberLink.
Dafydd

See my post in thread here I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
[Post New]
I am having the same trouble here, is there any solution yet?
mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2015 03:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY GET THIS PD13 TO WORK MINE CRASHES AND NEVER DOES WHAT I ASK MONTHS OF WORK FOR MEDIOKA RESULT NOW IT DOESNT SAVE. NOT HAPPY
mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
THE FREE TRIAL WORKED
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to start a new thread for this as this one is a few months old Mark.

My PD13 works pretty well. Not saying there are times that it never locks up but, it's rare.

Read what Dafydd suggested to CV - especially the part about the guide parts B, E, F, and J in the link he provided -

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page

And it surely helps to provide pertinent information instead of just complaints - so try your best to describe your situation and the volunteers here will be much more willing to comment and help.

CS

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 07:48

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am no tech so all I can do is describe, I can use a programme functionality wise but all the jargon to fix something ive paid for that doesn't work, mine crashes daily for months so yes im not happy not one project is completed that I payed for this thing to do. it has partially completed one so excuse my months of frustration
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
mark - I'm sorry that you've had so many problems with PD. You don't have to be a techie to provide the information. All the steps are listed in the link CS2014 provided, you just need to follow them and attach the results.

PowerDirector is a very complex program and "describing" the problems is the first step. People here can give you simple steps to take that will probably fix the problems, but we need to have the technical details that your computer will provide when you run the DxDiag test first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2015 00:11

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
pw13... my goodness it is very good functionally, if it functioned. mine stalls n is very slow to view edited work in so it is very hard to check edited work . video lags or stops while you hear audio continue so go back stop sometimes close, lose work start again.
updates only slightly change things over last 6 months lol. and now it has stopped saving, auto saves stopped last week and it keeps crashing mid edit and I cant keep the new edits. no auto save and it crashes on save. goes back a step so slow movement is now stopped work
its crazy n driving me nuts.
DxDiag test .... no idea. you've lost me terminology wise and how to im sorry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Like I said, if you click on the link that CS2014 thoughtfully provided for you, you'll see the steps listed to run the DxDiag test and how to attach the results all spelled out in Part B. That's the first step in helping us figure out what's causing the problems on your computer. Providing the info requested in Part A would also help.

If you're not comfortable doing those steps, maybe you could ask someone who's more of a techie to help. Chances are there are some pretty significant issues going on with your computer to cause problems like you're seeing, and it would be great if you had someone you can trust on your end to help you work through them.

Once we have the details, any of the volunteers here should be able to give you (and/or your assistant) some suggestions on how to get PD running properly again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2015 04:07

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
Members have shown they are ready to help you. As has already been mentioned, please start a new topic. I'm closing this thread.
New topic link can be found at the top of the forum page or click the link I've provided.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=146
Dafydd