Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video and Audio out of sync (different files)
Kaiserxion [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Las Vegas Joined: Jul 01, 2013 00:58 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
So I have a video taken with my Sony DSLR alpha a3000 and audio recorded with my Sony icd-px333. When I sync by audio it starts out ok and slowly through the 20 minute video, the audio becomes more and more out of sync. I've tried a couple things like checking the project framerate and I haven't been able to find a solution. I did however notice that the audio recording is at a different sample rate as the video. could that be a factor? If not, what should I look into? The bitrates are also different but I don't think that will change the timing. Also, the audio recording is behind or echoing the video track. The weird thing is, I didn't have this problem before! I had to fromat my hard drive and reinstal windows. This wasn't even an issue before.

Audio mp3 44.1kHz - 192bps

Video track AVCHD .MTS 48kHz - 256bps

No idea what the audio container is for the video.
[Post New]
I'm no expert, but I think PD13 makes audio timing based on coincidences of wave peaks, so no matter what FPS and bit rate of the video, in my opinion.A suggestion that perhaps correct the audio first and then synchronizing.
Select the video or audio.

Button Edit Audio / WaveEditor or AudioEditor, of any editing to Ensure the creation of new audio file.

With 1 or 2 audios corrected might solve the problem in some cases.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 26. 2015 21:52

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Kaiserxion [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately I did edit it in wave editor first. That's where I noticed it was 44.1kHz. I was able to produce a new wave file using PowerDirector 13 at 48kHz and its almost fixed. Only a fraction of a second off now. But I would love to know why it does it now and didn't do it before. Is it just a bug? Perhaps I'll try to contact Cyberlink about it.
Kaiserxion [Avatar]
[Post New]
I believe I have found a solution. I was adding tons of gain through wave editor 2 and outputting the file as a mid quality MP3. Though that was the original format it seemed to mismatch the timing (mainly while editing) of the audio file to the video file. Not that the sync audio to video feature wasn't working, that worked perfectly.

Anyways, what I did this time is the same processes but I output the file as a high quality WAV. seems to work now but I will have to do some editing to make sure the finished product is hunky dory.
Andrew_Wolan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2012 17:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
What was the format of the WAVE file? (16-bit, 48khz, stereo?)
[Post New]
WAV is a file format for audio. Wrapper file format that can incorporate an audio bitstream with other data chunks. One common bitstream encoding is LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation). Preservation reformatting projects generally use the one of the Broadcast WAVE variants, WAVE_BWF_1 or WAVE_BWF_2, both standards of the European Broadcast Union.