Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Renaming a Project
Briansep [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norwich UK Joined: May 27, 2015 10:35 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Can you rename a PD project once its gone live so to speak?

Just want to change the name....

Regds

Brian
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

As there is no "Save Project As" option, the simplest thing to do is navigate to the project folder and rename it as you would rename anything in Windows. The project will open & function normally, as long as you leave the .phd file extension as is.

An alternative is to use the File > Export Project... option. This will create an extra copy of the whole project, so it's effectively Save Project As"

""

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok noted..

So you do not have to rename the other three folders as well?

Brian
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

If you choose to rename the .phd file, as shown above it is not necessary to rename the cache & faces folders. After you open the renamed project and work on it, PhotoDirector will regenerate those folders/contents under your new name. As far as I can determine, the "old" folders can be deleted without any unwanted effect on the project.

Confession: I've never renamed a project in that way myself & only tested it in answer to your question.

In some ways, then, Export Project seems to be a "neater" option. The whole project is exported & the complete previous project folder can be deleted.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pix
OK Noted and thanks, I would agree with u that the neater way is to export, but I will try the rename as well.

Brian
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Renamed worked ok!!! deleted the old files as well!

Brian