Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
what dvd disc to use
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
What type of DVD disc do I need to by in order to burn a label on the disc. I have PD 13 but it looks like I have to go to the power to go application to do this and it does not tell me.

Also someone who use to burn all my old Windows movie maker dvd's for me said to use DVD-R. Do you agree with that?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rondalee1,
are you looking to burn a Lightscribe label? If so, you'll need your disc burner to have the Lightscribe function built into it, as well as Lightscribe discs, which I never found to be very appealing to the eye.
If you are wanting a stick-on label, they'll stick onto just about any disc, but I warn you, that is a bad choice. Stick-ons can be difficult to place correctly, and they not only sometimes throw the disc off-balance, but they sometimes refuse to eject.
Last choice is a white inkjet printable disc, easily found at Target, Wally World, Staples, etc. But you'll need an inkjet printer with a print-on-disc function.
Epson makes a reasonably priced XP-600 series and the result is superb. Let them dry before you play them.

As far as DVD+ or -R, I've never had an issue with either.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to print a label, I use JVC Taiyo Yuden discs. DVD-R. About $36 for 100 on Amazon. I buy them 200 at a time.

J-DMR-WPP-SK8

I use a Canon Pixma printer. Does a great job, and refills are readily available on the cheap on Ebay.

I've never liked the way Lightscribe discs looked either. Plus they are pricey.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2015 14:15

Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro