Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 13 not working correctly
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else experiencing problems with PD 13 Ultimate that was purchased in the last few months? I bought my product directly from Cyberlink. Dealing with the technicians via the email support seems to be a waste of time. They aren't intuitive enough or have the technical knowledge to figure out what it is I am trying to explain is happening.

1. Do you get better help if you pay the $30 for the 60 days of telephone support?

2. Can the telephone support tech remotely connect to my pc and the cyberlink program to investigate what is wrong?

3. Can virus and bugs come into the program and my pc when downloading templates from Cyberlink?

4. What could be the most common problem for why it takes so long to navigate within a project. For instance....I want to go to my Title's media and I click on the big "T"...and I wait and wait and wait. When I grab a photo from my media and drag it to the timeline it is delayed and takes several seconds before it drops on to the time line. I could describe more but something clearly is not working correctly

And, if I were to get Cyberlink to let me download a new copy of their software (which I highly doubt they will do....money money money as Pink Floyd sang.....is the bottom line for them.) will I loose any titles and other media I have designed?

Could those titles and other things be infected, thus I would not want them?????

Food for thought....I had PD 12...came free with my new HP. It was a dumbed down version sold just to HP, so I went ahead and bought PD 13. I did not uninstall PD 12 before installing PD 13, and transfered some projects from PD 12 to PD 13. Could that be what messed up PD 13?

I am no longer trying to use those original PD12 projects, and am simply tryining to just start over but everything bogs down and there is a "skip" in every new project I start at exactly the same point...around 26 seconds into the movie.

I am not using any video. Just pictures and music from my pc

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rondalee1

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having. You've asked quite a few questions and it's actually pretty hard to answer that many all at once. Basically, you almost certainly didn't get a virus from downloading and installing PD13, and we'll need some more information to try to understand what's going on with your system.

I know you're not a techie, but it would help us a great deal if you could follow the steps in parts A and B here, then attach the results when you reply to my post. That will tell us a whole lot about how your machine is set up, whether it's powerful enough to run PD13, and it can even give us insights into how to help.

Chances are someone will be able to diagnose what's going on very quickly, and hopefully there will be just a few simple steps that we can walk you through to solve everything.

If you aren't sure of how to do any of the steps, including the first ones of Part A and B, just ask! That's what we're here for

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This DxDiag was created a few days ago and sent to the cyperlink technical support person who has never said if they found something in it that would not make cyberlink work. I had trouble making a new one using the "Windows 8/8.1 users" instructions you refered me to. If this does not give you all the data you need I will try again, but all the prompts don't come up as indicated.

I have power director 13 Ultimate- 64 bit - 13.0.2604.0 SR#VDE150123-01

When I click on the "?" for help as told to do in the instructions the pop up box gives me these options:

Power director help F1

Search for help topic...

Help index

Hot key list shift+F12

SVRT rules

Register power director

online support website

cyberlink website

redeen cyperlink cloud service

get mobile app

about cyberlink power director
 Filename
Ronda H DxDiag.7z
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
216 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
These results are prefectly usable, and you don't need to do anything else. You have the latest version of PD13 so we can move on.

The first thing I saw is that your video driver is out of date. It's from 6/14 and the most recent version from AMD was released in December. You can download and install it from here. You might also want to try scanning your system for any other drivers you might need at your product's page on the HP website.

Now we start getting into the less cheery news. Your computer is fine for everyday tasks, but the CPU is not very powerful and might have a hard time doing HD video editing. If you're only working with photos and music, it should be fine. Your computer's "motherboard" also will not accept any add-in video cards, so unfortunately you can't upgrade it and you'd probably need to get a new computer if you wanted to do more serious editing. Again, for what you're doing now it should be OK, but it still might take some time for various windows to open or for the program to do the things once you've clicked.

The biggest problem is that your test results show that you've had lots of serious crashes, like where your computer will stop what it's doing and display the "blue screen of death" and then reboot. The last serious crash was caused by Cyberlink's downloader, but most of the others were caused by something called "PDUWICA" which I'm not finding very much info on when I search for it online.

The reason this is a problem is that these kinds of errors are almost always caused by some serious issues with how Windows is installed or configured. If your computer is still under warranty, I'd recommend contacting HP or the store where you bought it and see if they can repair it or at least walk you through the troubleshooting and repair process. If it's not covered by a warranty or service contract, you may want to ask a local technician to check it out for you.

I could remotely log in and check more things, but I think it would be best for you to take it somewhere or contact a reputable firm who could remotely diagnose your system. I can give you a couple more steps to do yourself it you'd like to try, but I'm pretty sure that you'll still end up needing someone who's technically skilled to get your system back to where it needs to be. Please let me know if you'd like to try the next steps.

You also mentioned that you were worried about having a virus. Do you have any antivirus software installed? HP usually includes some on their machines, so make sure that it's up-to-date and try running a scan. Someone from HP should be able to help, or there's probably some info on the webpage I mentioned.

I'm sorry that your computer seems to have some serious problems. I've seen many times when people come onto the forum and say "but everything else works great except for PowerDirector!" That can actually be true, but since PD needs basically everything to be working perfectly, it's going to highlight any deep-down problems where most other programs and apps can skate by because they don't push the system very hard.

Basically, based on your descriptions and the details of the diagnostic test, if you can take care of the computer/Windows problems, then PD13 will run like it's supposed to. Sorry that I don't have better news... frown

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Rondalee1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. You have been very helpful. Odd that a video driver is out of date so quickly....Just bought this PC in October. I will take your suggestion and get the most current video driver.

I did scan everything I could possibly scan to see if updates were needed and got no results. I will try again directly on HP's website.

I thought I bought a very powerful computer....hmmm will look into why the CPU is not that powerful. As you said I highly doubt I will be doing any HD video editing, but the fact that the powerlessness of the CPU simply makes it slow to navigate around is awful....again I will look into this as you have at least set me on a path of getting resolution.

As for the crashes, yes this has concerned me and I have been trying to figure out what is going on. My PC is still under warranty so I will get on this right away. I am fearful that I bought an HP product as I never had trouble with my Gateway.

I have Norton antivirus that comes with my internet service from Comcast. I am assuming it is good....god only knows now days as Comcast is a slippery devil who may have partnered with Norton for a "dum downed version".

Thanks again you have been way more helpful than the tech at Cyberlink. I may be in touch again. Take care.
optodata
[Post New]
Sounds good. I'm glad it's under warranty, and I think HP will be able to take care of the big issues for you. Just be aware that they may have to (have you) reinstall Windows, and in the worst case you'd lose anything you hadn't already backed up, so please do back up all your photos, documents, music and emails now just to be sure.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that your computer was seriously underpowered. It's brand new and it should be very quick for doing just about anything except playing graphically-intense games and serious HD or 4k video editing. When it's working properly, I think you'll be happy with how PD works.

Good luck!

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
You only have 4GB of RAM. I'd increase that to at least 8GB for starters.

You certainly don't have enough RAM for video editing.

You should be able to get a dedicated video card for it. That will take allot of the load off of the CPU.

Your best bet would be to get a desktop computer with at least a quad core CPU.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2015 07:19

Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window