Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where can I download the powerdirector 11 ultra ultimate that I already purchased?
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing on the cyberlink web site about that particular version that I purchased, link that I was sent in the email does not work, downloader does not work, takes me to version 13 which I did not purchase. Did I purchase the wrong version? I've been using this for about 2 years but had to reinstall it, and now it's gone. why can't I just save the program on my computer?
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
This REALLY does not make any sense - here is a snapshot of my purchase, on it are links for mobile download, but nothing for the download of the actual program I purchased. I don't understand the reason behind this. And on the cyberlink web site itself, there clearly are all other versions of powerdirector lower and higher than 11, but not the one that I purchased, which I must assume they know I purchased since I'm logged in but do not want me to use? or am I missing something? I just want to use my program, thats all.
[Thumb - where to download.png]
 Filename
where to download.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
So you didn;t keep a copy of the download anywhere - hard drive, disc, thumbdrive? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did - it's a downloader, not a program itself: I saved the file that you are supposed to click to download/install the program. I don't know why they did like that.
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is becoming quite obvious to me that this company does not want me to have the program that I purchased, in order to leave me with no choice but to upgrade. however if that will end up to be the case, I will rather pay more to buy another program from another company and have to learn to use it all over again, than to deal with dishonest people.
[Post New]
When you click on the downloader it will place the source program somewhere on your computer. You just need to pay attention where it goes, you could actually specify a different location.
That's how I did it and have all my downloads backed-up.
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: When you click on the downloader it will place the source program somewhere on your computer. You just need to pay attention where it goes, you could actually specify a different location.
That's how I did it and have all my downloads backed-up.
If that is the case, then is there a reason to have the "downloader" file in the first place other than to confuse people? And secondly, why not have the program available for customers to download in case their computer crashes? Lastly when I installed powerdirector 13 earlier today, from the downloader file which is savable, I did not see anything about saving the actual program file.
[Post New]
I guess that's just to provide a way to "resume" the downloads and probably compress the transmission over the net.
Stupid in my opinion, but there is no other dark reason IMO.
See below the step to save on a certain location.
[Thumb - Downloader.JPG]
 Filename
Downloader.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2015 18:46

[Post New]
Nothing on the cyberlink web site about that particular version that I purchased, link that I was sent in the email does not work, downloader does not work, takes me to version 13 which I did not purchase. Did I purchase the wrong version? I've been using this for about 2 years but had to reinstall it, and now it's gone. why can't I just save the program on my computer?

Have you ever tried to contact Cyberlink support.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Note: The download manager Cyberlink has option to save the files in a folder of your choice.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2015 19:07

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Have you ever tried to contact Cyberlink support.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Note: The download manager Cyberlink has option to save the files in a folder of your choice.
Playsound, I contacted the support, they told me to contact another support diretly from site/form, and there my email is old and I cannot update to my new email, so I indicated to them to email me to the new email, and I hope they will. but I'm not too optimistic.
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: [table='']
[tbody]
[tr]
[td]
So where does it save the file? I tried searching on my computer but didnt find it
[Post New]
I have no way to show where the PD was saved files on your PC, I always switched to a single folder that I have all of Cyberlink, the 2nd HD.

When you open the manager clicks the Open File Location button, see if this selected the default location.This is where I change to a new location but accessible.

See image.
[Thumb - downloader.jpg]
 Filename
downloader.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2015 21:59

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
Depending when you purchased,the download service is no longer available to you anymore.
I had this problem on PD 10,since then I make back up copies on CD and thumbdrives.

Info about download service by Cyberlink:

Extend the period you can download your Digital Copy with the CyberLink Extended Download Service

Worried about losing installation files caused by system crashes? By purchasing the CyberLink Extended Download Service you are able to download your software at any time for up to one year from the order date.

With the CyberLink Extended Download Service you can:

Re-download your CyberLink software when you need it during a 1 year period (standard service coverage is 30 days).

How to use the Extended Download Service?

Please click the "LOGIN-LINK" that you received together with your order confirmation e-mail, enter your account data and then the "Download" area. In the Download section you will find your software and can re-download it.

Please note the following:

The Extended Download Service entitles you alone to reinstall a replacement copy of the purchased software onto your personal computer.
The Extended Download Service only applies to software that has been purchased in conjunction with this service.
The use of the software downloaded in conjunction with the Extended Download Service is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the End User License Agreement of the software.
[Thumb - DL.jpg]
 Filename
DL.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of download service info
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2015 22:12