Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update 2408 fails
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Help.

I have a registered version of PD 13 2307 and I want to update to version 2408
That fails because the update installer tells me that I need a trial version of PD 13.

How can I solve that problem.

Merry Xmas everybody,

Danny

PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Panasonic SD900 video camera
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Help.
I have a registered version of PD 13 2307 and I want to update to version 2408
That fails because the update installer tells me that I need a trial version of PD 13.
How can I solve that problem.
Merry Xmas everybody,
Danny

Hi Klavertje,
Please provide additional information and carry out a small action.
1. Check out the guide Part A and provide the info.
Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
2. Clear out the old ini files and retry the downloader.
Local address: C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader
3. Take a screen shot of the error message and attach it to your reply, Part E & F in the guide.
Basically, I don't understand why you're having that error message show and the info I asked for will shed some light on the likely cause.
Nadolig Llawen
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2014 06:41

Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

I cleared the ini files, same result with the update.
I have included two screenshots, one with the "about" screen, the other with the error message (Sorry, it is in Dutch)

I have already sent Cyberlink also a request for help.

Danny van Klaveren
[Thumb - Error message.png]
 Filename
Error message.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
70 time(s)
[Thumb - About.png]
 Filename
About.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
301 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)
PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Danny,
I'll be interested to know what reply you receive from CyberLink. I'll forward the info to CL myself and let you know if I get a response.
Just a quick thought. Please check the Control Panel/Programs and see if you have PowerDirector 13 trial installed - if so uninstall it asap. You may need to uninstall PDR13 as well, clearing everything out and starting again. I'm wondering if you have the trial still on your system causing the problem.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2014 09:18

[Post New]
I had no issues updating. However, I don't use the exe file provided by CL (because it will decompress in an unknown location, filling my SSD).
I use 7zip to decompress the exe (right click, extract) in a new folder, and there it will be a setup.exe that I use to update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2014 09:11

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
I shall trie that last with 7zip after Xmas evening and night....

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Two posts have followed my previous post while I was updating the content - please check.
Good info about 7zip.
Dafydd
[Post New]
This is what I do, in pictures. After install, I delete the folder, keep just the compressed file for backup purposes.
I like to keep the things organized on my PC

PS: Note that CL uses 7zip too in their software.

[Thumb - folder.JPG]
 Filename
folder.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
[Thumb - Decompressing exe.jpg]
 Filename
Decompressing exe.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
258 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2014 11:27

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
I shall trie the 7Zip sollution, but first I have to entertain the Xmas visit first.
I'll keep you informed (sorry for my poor English)

Happy Xmas everybody PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Happy Christmas (and your English is just fine, much better than my Dutch) Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello everybody,

The trick with 7zip did't work.
At the same time I have contacted Cyberlink customer service and they provide me a new installer for PD13 2307.
I removed the original one, installed the new one, and voila, I can now install update 2408.
Finally my problem is solved thanks to CL customer Service: the were verry quickly with the right answer to my problem.

Thanks all for thinking about my problem

Danny van Klaveren PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives