Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce doesn't fully ignore disabled tracks
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I'm working on a "highlight" reel and I must be missing something.

When I produce (render) a video that is 3-10 minutes long, PD 12 wants to render a couple hours, or whatever is the length of the longest track in my timeline view. But I'm disabling those longer tracks, just leaving one short track on track 1.

The Produce time is dramatically extended, showing a length that matches the longest track. Takes much longer than it should and the file is much larger than it should be... (blank space after the highlights). If I delete the disabled tracks, it works as expected. Quick render, smaller file size.

Shouldn't I just be able to disable the tracks?

DETAILS:
I have couple longer videos (2 hours for one, and two 60 minute cuts) and I place those in tracks 2, 3 & 4.

I split the longer ones, copying out 10 to 60 second "highlights" and place those all back to back on track 1. I like leaving the original videos below in case I decide to add or modify the highlights track.

When done finding my highlights, I turn off both audio and video on all tracks below track one (the check box all the way to the left of the video).

When I go to produce and press start, it's clear it's rendering a long video at the length of the longest disabled track, rather than just the only enabled track.

In order to get it to the length of the cuts on track one, I have to remove the long videos from the timeline. Shouldn't PD 12 ignore all disabled tracks when it produces the finished movie?

All ideas welcomed.

PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Does not appear correct, but that is the way it has worked.

What you can do is disable the tracks and then with the orange markers on the side of the timeline scrubber move to select the range you want to produce and then a "Produce Range" button will appear above the timeline. You can use that to produce your selected area.

Jeff