Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving title between projects
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I did this in PD10 without issue, but I'm missing something in PD12.

I created an ending credits (title) in one project. I save it as a custom template. It shows up in that project.

I want to use the same title in another project and it doesn't show up there. I have to be missing something as the point of creating custom titles is to be able to use them on different projects (or at least that's what I did in PD10).

I created the title, did a "Save As", named it, verified it shows up under "Custom", then saved this project.

Then opened another project, and that custom title isn't showing up, even if I tell it to import all the media from the project mentioned above.

I have to be missing something simple. How do I get titles to be global across projects? PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
[Post New]
PD12 has unexplainable things already happened to me a few times.
The solution, after applying the effect does not appear, save the project and reopen solves for me in most cases. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: PD12 has unexplainable things already happened to me a few times.
The solution, after applying the effect does not appear, save the project and reopen solves for me in most cases.

Sorry, I didn't see this reply earlier.

So far saving multiple times, closing, merging media between project that has titles and new one which doesn't have the titles doesn't work.

I have NOT found a way to get the "Custom" titles to show up between projects.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: New projects (totally blank) don't show the custom titles. Opening existing projects doesn't show them either.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 22. 2014 01:00

PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi UnlikelySalsero -

Something's wrong there... the two projects are the same aspect ration - right? both 16:9 or both 4:3?

Custom titles (& other stuff) won't appear unless the project aspect ratios are the same.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi UnlikelySalsero -

Something's wrong there... the two projects are the same aspect ration - right? both 16:9 or both 4:3?

Custom titles (& other stuff) won't appear unless the project aspect ratios are the same.

Cheers - Tony

Ah, I think that is the key that hadn't been discussed. Because some of my source videos are in different aspect ratios, I think one project was in one ratio and the other in another...

Still sort of a bummer, since the titles are within the safe zone, but at least I understand why they are not going back and forth.

It's a pain to remake them but I'm doing it.

Thanks for the insights!

Don PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The source material won't affect it - UNLESS you've switched project aspect ratios.

Good news - you don't need to remake your templates! Here's a way to have your title templates (or others) display in both 4:3 & 16:9 projects. The tutorial is even cued at the right spot.

http://youtu.be/rxc68R1CSkE?t=4m40s

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The source material won't affect it - UNLESS you've switched project aspect ratios.

Good news - you don't need to remake your templates! Here's a way to have your title templates (or others) display in both 4:3 & 16:9 projects. The tutorial is even cued at the right spot.

http://youtu.be/rxc68R1CSkE?t=4m40s

Cheers - Tony

Yes, you're right... but since I am making "highlight reels" and each of them starts with source materials filmed over a couple years. Each source is consistent with itself, I decided to switch the ratio to match the source.

(If I had thought of it, maybe that wasn't the best choice but when I loaded the media, it told me the ratio was different and gave me a chance to switch, so I did...)

I just decided to match each reel to it's source ratio, although that may or may not have been the best choice.

I appreciate the tutorial, I'll check it out.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2014 15:52

PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM