Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 12 Trial version AND PD 10 Ultra on same Win8 machine?
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I'm thinking of upgrading to PD 12 and I have PD 10 Ultra running well on my Win 8 machine.

A couple questions:

Can I run the trial version of PD 12 on my machine without stopping PD 10 from running? I don't need them running at the same time, just wondering if I could switch back and forth if needed.

In other words, can multiple version co-exist on the same Windows 8 (64 bit) user.

My machine meets all the specs for both in terms of memory, processor, drive space and video card for both versions.

2nd question: When I upgrade (after confirming PD 12 will do what I need), then can I still have both versions in parallel or does the upgrade remove PD 10? I realize PD is quite large, so I'll remove PD 10 at some point, but probably after I confirm all existing projects make it into PD 12 as expected.

All ideas, links or references also welcomed.

EDIT: I fixed the title. I had a typo in the tile (said "Trail" version. If I can't spell "Trial" I'm sure it looks like I can't handle a parallel install even if it's possible.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2014 20:15

PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm thinking of upgrading to PD 12 and I have PD 10 Ultra running well on my Win 8 machine.

A couple questions:

Can I run the trial version of PD 12 on my machine without stopping PD 10 from running? I don't need them running at the same time, just wondering if I could switch back and forth if needed.

In other words, can multiple version co-exist on the same Windows 8 (64 bit) user.

My machine meets all the specs for both in terms of memory, processor, drive space and video card for both versions.

2nd question: When I upgrade (after confirming PD 12 will do what I need), then can I still have both versions in parallel or dos the upgrade remove PD 10? I realize PD is quite large, so I'll remove PD 10 at some point, but probably after I confirm all existing projects make it into PD 12 as expected.

All ideas, links or references also welcomed.

Yes, multiple versions of Powerdirector can exist on the same computer. If they are Full Versions. As far as I know PD 12 Trial will not uninstall any other Powerdirector.

You cannot run two versions of Powerdirector at the same time.

You can start one version, close that version, then open another version.

I have PD 9, PD 11 and PD 12 installed on this computer. I can run any one at a time.

Another factor, if all versions are Full versions and not upgrade versions, you can have more than one Powerdirector.
Upgrade versions tend to uninstall the previous version.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: <snip>

Yes, multiple versions of Powerdirector can exist on the same computer. If they are Full Versions. As far as I know PD 12 Trial will not uninstall any other Powerdirector.

You cannot run two versions of Powerdirector at the same time.

You can start one version, close that version, then open another version.

I have PD 9, PD 11 and PD 12 installed on this computer. I can run any one at a time.

Another factor, if all versions are Full versions and not upgrade versions, you can have more than one Powerdirector.
Upgrade versions tend to uninstall the previous version.

THANKS. I've installed the trial version and it's working great for what I need, so I'll end up upgrading tomorrow. PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM