Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Activate new installation
0neWolf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2014 12:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I ordered the 2-DVD version of PD Ultra from Amazon. Installed from DVD. Ran program. Prompted for Activation Code which is on a sticker on the DVD sleeve. Typed it in. Error message "YOUR PRODUCT KEY IS INCORRECT PLEASE TRY AGAIN". I have tried again - no joy. No question I'm typing the key in correctly.

I opened a ticket. The response 24 hours stepped me through a series of sending pictures of my box and receipt for proof of purchase. Also downloading all the software directly. Uninstall old version. Run special uninstall tool after normal uninstall. Reinstall new downloaded version. I did all that - still same error.

So I replied to my ticket indicating I did everything asked of me - this was 2 days ago and no responses.

On the one hand, I wonder why I haven't already returned this to Amazon but on the other hand I can't help but think if someone in support was willing to help, I could get past this in a matter of minutes.

Very frustrated. Any suggestions?

My ticket # is CS001351724
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
OneWolf

I presume you have provided all the required proof of purchase to CL. They will send you a new activation code PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

0neWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I did provide proof of purchase. The ticket has been opened now for 3 days with no response. What is their normal turnaround time? 3 days seems ridiculous.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Two quick things to try...
Confirm that your firewall isn't configured to block Cyberlink.

Try a right-click on the PDR12.exe file (or shortcut) and click "run as administrator."
0neWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried with firewall off, and also as administrator... no joy Thank you again for responding, that is more than I'm able to get from CL support, sadly.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Consider a different tack...

Email Amazon support, chronicling what you have already done to remedy to problem.

You may find them exceptionally responsive, as I did, in their quest to be the world's "most consumer-centric company."
0neWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
I returned it. Thanks all.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I returned it. Thanks all.

Thank you for the follow up.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 0neWolf,
I'm told there was a problem with your recognition of the serial number - S and 5 being a real pain in this instance.

For more information on activating a PDR please check out the FAQ: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14588

Dafydd