Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirect 7 Ate Project, Now Won't Create Timeline!
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 17:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just bought Powerdirector 7 and had it eat my very first video file. I was in the process of creating a DVD disk when PD froze. When I rebooted it, my project file was gone. I found what appeared to be a backup (*.psd.bak), renamed it to *.psd and reopened it. It at least had all the media I imported but no timeline.

To make matter worse, I now won't let me put ANY media in the timeline. Every time I drag a video/audio/text file into the timeline I get "operation failed." I tried creating a new file from scratch and uninstalling/reinstalling Powerdirector. Same issue.

I'm running Vista on an AMD 9500 quad processor machine with 3 gb ram.

Any ideas? I spent DAYS on that original file.

thanks!!!

Jim
James [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh - and my email is spitfiremark6@yahoo.com if anyone wants to follow up directly.

Thanks!

Jim
Angel [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Spain Joined: Jun 19, 2008 14:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I would recommend you to ensure that you do a clean reinstall.
Providing you don't have any other Cyberlink product installed, you have to ensure that after the uninstall you delete the Cyberlink directory in your Program Files, and that you clean all registry keys related to Cyberlink and PD.

Take a system restore point before doing so.

In ths post McLean explain this more in detail, but this is basically the approach:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3345.page

After that, you can reinstall and start with a new Project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2008 02:17

James [Avatar]
[Post New]
Angel.

Thanks - the clean install worked! It appears that I cannot reuse any of the video or audio that I imported for my previous project. When I tried to use the old video I got that same error message again.

I'm reimporting all my video. Thus far it seems to be working.

Has anyone else had an issue with PD 7 eating their project and then not letting you use even the media from the old project? If so, any ideas on how to avoid having that happen again?

Thanks AGAIN Angel!

Jim
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
James,

Please visit:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
Read PART O

It should help you.

It's usually the last 4 lines of the pds that needs looking at.

Dafydd