Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to download video from Youtube and Vimeo?
Alleycat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2014 20:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am a new user with PD12 and would like to know if there is a way to download videos directly from Youtube and Vimeo to edit in PD12? If not how to do it also? Thanks all for your help, greatly appreciated
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Alleycat,
welcome to the forum.
There are many free (and some pay-for) soft-wares to grab video from popular sites.
I use FREEMAKE. You can Google it or see a link on my site. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I have to wonder why Allycat would want to edit other peoples work. Unless they have permission from the person to use some of it. I know last year I ask a guy on Vimeo if he would give let me use 10 seconds of a clip he shot. He did give me the ok which I told him I would give him a credit for it. I never end up using it.

Just to let Allycat know if he or she does do that and does not have permission and uploads it to YouTube or Vimeo and the person whos work they used see it. They can have YouTube or Vimeo pull it.

I have download other people work before to just watch on a Big sreen TV and that's it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2014 19:56

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am a new user with PD12 and would like to know if there is a way to download videos directly from Youtube and Vimeo to edit in PD12?

Keeping in mind what others have said re infringement, and if you use the Firefox browser...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
[Post New]
I personally use flash video downloader for Firefox addon,it lets you save the 1080P videos with audio.

It downloads the video and audio separately and then combine them automatically due to youtube encryption method.
Alleycat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2014 20:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you everyone and no worries about copying stuff. I am a sport Coach and want to clip some sequence of videos of example from youtube to show my athletes, that is all. Just for personal use

I wanna do the same with some DVD I own, they are instructional DVD, can I use either Power Director 12 or Power DVD 13 (I have both) to riup them onto my Computer so I do not have to carry all the DVD's on the road?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AlleyCat -

Just import the VOB file from the DVD & edit it in PD.

Open the DVD and look for the folder VIDEO_TS. Inside that will be the VOB files - VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB etc.

You can copy those VOB files to your PC then import them into PD for editing/production.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Just FYI, there is no Android support for Flash (as I discovered when I tested one of my websites on my phone).

As for copyright infringement, here's a little tidbit for citizens of the USA: anything produced by the government is fair game since it "belongs" to the public. I don't know if that applies in other countries.

Also, according to the Berne convention, everything is automatically copyrighted whether or not the author explicitly says so. Jerry Schwartz