Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2527
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Previous patch 2509 data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31687.page
xxxxxx
From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2527

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

Release Date: 2014-Jan-29
Release Note:
Updates:

1. Resolves program crash issue that periodically occurs by changing lines when editing text in the Title Designer.
2. Resolves program crash issue when clicking the Duration button to adjust the subtitles of a loaded project.
3. Resolves program crash issue when entering Fix/Enhance if both PowerDirector v12 and v10 are installed in the non-default
path.

Download here:
Please go to the latest patch: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/32506.page

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2014 05:07

[Post New]
There's one thing that this patch finally fix for me that's not normally mention or documented official supported.

For me it's finally fix for using a custom profile for AVCHD using over the limit bitrate of 280MB,it no longer creates a huge crystal ball with blocky artifact on middle of the video.

Normally the inbuilt profile maker only lets you select the bitrate up to 48MB,but if you edit the profile using notepad you can go higher up to 135Mb with no problems in the previous patch.

Anything higher then 135MB will create a ball with lots of distorted block and blurry effects in the middle of the videos.

I play games and record in Fraps,my games has very high motions,135Mbitrate wasn't enough for me to maintain artifacts or block effects free,I needed higher bitrate over 250MBitrate like I had on PD10 which would let you go up to 300MBitrate but not on PD12.

Currently the highest you can go is 280Mb,anything higher then that will disable the hardware encoding and only use your CPU to encode instead of your video card,which will take super long to create on CPU mode,one minute video will take up to 10-15 minutes to encode.

I can finally now encode HD lossless quality video to use on my Handbrake for the final encode before uploading to youtube.

I just hope what ever new patch comes out wont break this.

I had submitted a ticket on December describing this problem and the person told me they couldn't normally fix it because it's not supported normally cause of the inbuilt profile maker,but they were aware it can go higher over 100mbitrate in PD12 and I already told them in PD10 I can go up to 300MB but not in PD12,in the end they just close my ticket and that made me mad, but now I'm currently happy with the program that i paid on November.

P.S
MY custom profile:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2014 08:51