Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Price on website and cart are conflicting
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Has anybody also experience this problem?

Power DVD 13 ultra is now advertised for 59.95 USD
The VAT for me is 19%
That gives a total of 59.95 + 19% = 71.34 USD.

However the cart gives another total with another VAT amount, namely 78.94 USD in total (VAT 12.60 USD)
That means that they sell it at 66.34 USD and not 59.95 USD.

I already have raised a ticket explaining the calculation and this is already taken a lot of days. It seems that the sales support desk doesn't see the problem.

You probably say that it is only 6.39 USD difference. But I think that correct is correct and that they have to sell it to the price they are advertising and need to calculate the VAT also correctly.

If they apply this error for every purchase they get a lot of extra money which shouldn't take place.

Did any of you experience the same problem?

Martine

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2013 07:00

Let's keep New Zealand clean!
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
Check what else is in your cart - when I purchased the upgrade a ~£5 optional extra that allowed me to redownload the software for one year after purchase was automatically added. You can remove this to bring the price back down to the advertised price.
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ben,

There are no additional items in the cart, only the Power DVD 13 ultra promotion.

So, the calculation of the VAT remains incorrect and gives thus a wrong sales prices. Let's keep New Zealand clean!
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, I see your point, sorry - the issue doesn't appear to affect the UK site, but I can replicate the effect on the US one. Very odd, the price for the upgrade seems to be similarly affected.
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ben,

Yes, it is very odd. I explained it over and over again to the support desk. Last time I even did it in a very simple way, so they can see the error. But so far no further reaction from their side.

I also did put it on their FB page and guess what? They deleted my post everytime. So I think they really want to hide this mistake.

And as you noticed, the problem also appears on other country sites. So it is a worldwide problem.

If nobody ever notitced this, well, cyberlink surely took a lot of extra money.

I wonder now, if they will come up with a solution for it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2014 08:11

martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
And now it is getting really weard.

The support desk is giving the following explanation :

The price will be the original price* 1.19- the amount deducted in the promotion.
(99.95*1.19)-(118.94-78.94)
=118.94-40
=78.94

But if you look at their website they say that the Original price is 174.88 USD.

So where do they get all of a sudden that 99.95 USD from???

A promotion with VAT on the Original price is completely wrong accountancy wise. The VAT must Always be calculated on the net price.
Or you also calculate the VAT on the promotional amount (here thus 40 USD + 19% = 47.6 USD)
118.94 - 47.6 = 71.34 USD = correct price.

I now truly get the impression that they are using any kind of trick to get their right.

However the cart doesn't even mention 99.95 USD or even the promotion price if 59.95
They immediately mention 78.94 USD.

It simply doesn't feel right. To much tricks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2014 16:53