Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2327
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2327
Testing continues, previous threads:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30824.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30766.page

From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

[Updates]
1. Implements workaround to fix the memory allocation issue in NVIDIA’s new VGA driver.
FAQ information - Click
2. Improves the accuracy of lighting adjustment when using keyframe settings.
3. Improves the project transition compatibilities from previous version.
4. Improves program stability when playing high quality MOV clips.
5. Resolves the burning unsuccessful issue when using 3D MPO image as background in menu template.
6. Resolves program crash issue encountered when trying to capture copyrighted BD-J content.
7. Resolves the issue when transition parameters are reset after an applied clip is trimmed.

Download:
New patch released, please go to: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31029.page

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2013 06:42

Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Dafydd,

Downloaded and installed this 2327 beta patch.

Using PD12 under Windows 8.1, I'm happy to see that my main issue with the continual rendering has disapeared after installing the last Nvidia driver (331.82). No more problem when I read the timeline.

Good job..... Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
[Post New]
Preliminary test on my side shows that indeed it works with latest beta of Nvidia 331.93 Beta drivers.

Using win7-64 Pro.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Excellent - good to know the Nvidia pre-render driver issue has hopefully been resolved. Thanks for the feedback.
Dafydd
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
All appears good with patch & Nvidia driver 331.82 Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
CCEB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Nov 09, 2013 17:16 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Installed latest beta patch. So far so good. No freeze ups. Had no idea the pre rendering I was experiencing on the time line was not supposed to happen. It took forever and was annoying. Well no longer have pre rendering and production rendering seems to a lot faster. I like the fact that the program now gives you a pop up window that says something to the effect "improper argument". When I close it I make sure I dont repeat the same thing again. Before it would freeze and windows 8.1 would close the program. Was getting ready to ditch the software. Seems I might stick with it now. BTW disabled "shadow file creation". Now works faster. Thanks Chris
CCEB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Nov 09, 2013 17:16 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Another thing. I did not roll back the Nvidia driver and am using 331.82 Chris
Electric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2013 20:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PD 12.0.2327.0
W7 x64, GTX670 -331.93 beta
the program now works

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2013 17:41

geoffdown1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: somewhere in Devon,England Joined: Oct 29, 2013 04:45 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
why when I click the link I get the previous patch and not the new 1 Director suite 2
win 8.1
msi cx61 laptop
i7 haswell 4702MQ @2.2GHz
8GB of ram
1TB hard drive
Geforce GT 740M 2GB
Camera sony hx100v
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: why when I click the link I get the previous patch and not the new 1

Remove the old download from the folder you used last time or create a new folder and move it in there. Move PowerDirector_2321_GM4_Patch_Patch_VDE131105-02.exe and others to a new folder and then the download link will work again.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2013 16:42

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi geoffdown1,
Follow what Jeff has suggested. If that fails for you go to: C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader and delete all the *.ini files. You should then be able to use the Downloader.
Dafydd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that this update resolves issues 1 and 7 for me. (I found issue 7 while working with Michael of Pixelan last week to figure out what was happening, and they found that it was a problem with the PD code and reported it to Cyberlink). I'm glad the patch was released so quickly!

I was hoping that solving issue #5 would allow me to burn DVD discs or folders that have a custom menu without crashing with an error code of eC00C0005, but no such luck

-Ron
[Thumb - PD DVD fail.png]
 Filename
PD DVD fail.png
[Disk]
 Description
DVD error message
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
526 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

Still no beta patch for all the customers using PowerDirector 11 to correct the last Nvidia driver (331.82) problem with rendering.

Thank you for your help.

Jean
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

Still no beta patch for all the customers using PowerDirector 11 to correct the last Nvidia driver (331.82) problem with rendering.

Thank you for your help.

Jean

Hi Jean,
From what I understand, NVIDIA knows about the issue and are working on a fix. The current PDR 12 beta patch contains a workaround until Nvidia fix the driver. This is a testing BETA patch and the CyberLink workaround appears to work for PDR12 users. Beta patches are put out to be checked by end users.
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2013 05:13

Sander01 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Sep 08, 2013 09:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Still problems with Create Disc: BD25 H.264 with custom menu. Error eA0040003. 12.0.2327.0

I've send a compleet report to CL.
More people problems with this error?
Please PM me or reply..

Thanks
[Thumb - Picture1.jpg]
 Filename
Picture1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
problem with custom menu and H264 create BD25
 Filesize
655 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
562 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2013 08:26

CL PowerDirector 12 Ultimate suite
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Asus P9X79 PRO
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2133mhz 16384MB RAM
- Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4038 MB 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
- TASCAM US-1641
- Corsair Force 3 SSD
- Samsung SSD 840 PRO
- WDC WD20EARX HDD
- Optiarc BD RW BD-5300S
- Corsair AX850
- Dawicontrol DC-FW800 PCIe
- 2x Acer H243H HD Monitor

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Still problems with Create Disc: BD25 H.264 with custom menu. Error eA0040003. 12.0.2327.0
I've send a compleet report to CL.
More people problems with this error?
Please PM me or reply..
Thanks

Hi Sander01,
I believe your issue is being looked into by Support and they should get back to you.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Dafydd,
Downloaded and installed this 2327 beta patch.
Using PD12 under Windows 8.1, I'm happy to see that my main issue with the continual rendering has disappeared after installing the last Nvidia driver (331.82). No more problem when I read the timeline.
Good job.....

Hi Bhajje,
Thanks again - good to know you've tested the new patch, watch out for the next patch... and I'll look to read your report.
Dafydd
Quote: Preliminary test on my side shows that indeed it works with latest beta of Nvidia 331.93 Beta drivers. Using win7-64 Pro.

Hi Brygard,
I know I've already thanked you for the feedback but hey, it's good to be thanked again
Dafydd
Quote: All appears good with patch & Nvidia driver 331.82

Hi Ed71,
New computer up and running with the patch, good to know. Thanks for the feedback.
Dafydd
Quote: Installed latest beta patch. So far so good. No freeze ups. Had no idea the pre rendering I was experiencing on the time line was not supposed to happen. It took forever and was annoying. Well no longer have pre rendering and production rendering seems to a lot faster. I like the fact that the program now gives you a pop up window that says something to the effect "improper argument". When I close it I make sure I dont repeat the same thing again. Before it would freeze and windows 8.1 would close the program. Was getting ready to ditch the software. Seems I might stick with it now. BTW disabled "shadow file creation". Now works faster. Thanks
Quote: Another thing. I did not roll back the Nvidia driver and am using 331.82

Hi CCEB,
Thanks for the feedback - good to know. I look forward to reading your posts on the forum and having a go at answering some of the issues that come up. Always good to see new members participating.
Dafydd
Quote: PD 12.0.2327.0
W7 x64, GTX670 -331.93 beta
the program now works

Hi Electric,
Feedback with a mix of relief and joy... it works! Thank you for the feedback.
Dafydd
Quote: I can confirm that this update resolves issues 1 and 7 for me. (I found issue 7 while working with Michael of Pixelan last week to figure out what was happening, and they found that it was a problem with the PD code and reported it to Cyberlink). I'm glad the patch was released so quickly!
I was hoping that solving issue #5 would allow me to burn DVD discs or folders that have a custom menu without crashing with an error code of eC00C0005, but no such luck
-Ron

Hi Ron,
From what I gather the R&D team are investigating the error you've mentioned. Thank you for your feedback.
Dafydd

Hi All,
Your reports are read/monitored closely and where needed the data is passed onto CyberLink. Keep the feedback coming in please.
Thanks to everyone.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2013 05:53

[Post New]
will these also resolve slow response while editing heavy (HD) mp4 files in editing window? i have faced issues where when I try to drag my cursor over media file, it gives very annoying and slow responses in preview window..... can you please advise this sort of problem will be resolved with this beta patch for pd 12?

Quote: PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2327
Testing continues, previous threads:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30824.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30766.page

From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

[Updates]
1. Implements workaround to fix the memory allocation issue in NVIDIA’s new VGA driver.
FAQ information - Click
2. Improves the accuracy of lighting adjustment when using keyframe settings.
3. Improves the project transition compatibilities from previous version.
4. Improves program stability when playing high quality MOV clips.
5. Resolves the burning unsuccessful issue when using 3D MPO image as background in menu template.
6. Resolves program crash issue encountered when trying to capture copyrighted BD-J content.
7. Resolves the issue when transition parameters are reset after an applied clip is trimmed.

Download:
http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDirector/VDE131105-02/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe
The download link is the same as the previous beta but will get the new beta patch build v2327

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2013 08:27

PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: will these also resolve slow response while editing heavy (HD) mp4 files in editing window? i have faced issues where when I try to drag my cursor over media file, it gives very annoying and slow responses in preview window..... can you please advise this sort of problem will be resolved with this beta patch for pd 12?

For your issue, please post on the forum as a NEW TOPIC and not here in this thread and let members try to assist you.
New Topic link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=120
Provide a diagnostic file and a screenshot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu.
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2013 10:38

Sander01 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Sep 08, 2013 09:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Problem solved! Problems with Create Disc: BD25 H.264 with custom menu. Error eA0040003. 12.0.2327.0

- In beta patch build v2321 it was not working but I saved the PDS file and used in the V2327 beta patch. That will not work !

- I sended info to CL that it also not works in the new patch BUT.....

- Made it all from the start (v2327) with new custom menu and that worked.

So, it looks like old created custom menu's (saved PDS files) won't work but when new created it works. Thanks all.
CL PowerDirector 12 Ultimate suite
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Asus P9X79 PRO
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2133mhz 16384MB RAM
- Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4038 MB 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
- TASCAM US-1641
- Corsair Force 3 SSD
- Samsung SSD 840 PRO
- WDC WD20EARX HDD
- Optiarc BD RW BD-5300S
- Corsair AX850
- Dawicontrol DC-FW800 PCIe
- 2x Acer H243H HD Monitor