Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
crop function
[Post New]
Why will the crop function not work on my Power Director 11 software?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Why will the crop function not work on my Power Director 11 software?

Specifically, what doesn't work?

For a still image, click the CROP IMAGE button just above the time line.
For a video clip, click POWER TOOLS, then CROP IMAGE.

Make you changes. Click SAVE.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Why will the crop function not work on my Power Director 11 software?

Can you explain a little more about what you are trying to do and the steps your taking? What doesn't work exactly?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
@Cap'n Kevin: I want to crop out unwanted objects from the periphery of my video.

I right-click on the video as it's loaded on the timeline and the "crop image" option is gray and unresponsive.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 02. 2013 19:58

[Post New]
@borgus1: Where do I find Power Tools?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi freethink001 -

If all you need to do is crop off the edges of your video, here's a tutorial showing how... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLZUyFsNqEc

Power Tools becomes available only when something is selected in the timeline. If a video is selected, go to Power Tools & check Video Crop.

The "Crop Image" option is greyed out because it only applies to still images - not videos.

Since you seem to be finding your way around, here's a list of tutorials that should help with your learning curve... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29377.page

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: @borgus1: Where do I find Power Tools?

I am not positive....but there may be a slight possibility that you don't have that function if you are using the limited edition versions of PD11. Do you get a Power Tool button that appears on top of the timeline when you select a video clip on the timeline?

Limited Edition Versions such as HE3D or HE or DE or LE

Many of the Power tool functions are not available in these versions such as.

Video in Reverse
Video Speed
Video Stabilizer

Is CROP not in these versions as well. I wouldn't think so....but you never know.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

KEvin

[Post New]
Hi, Kevin. I think I do have them. For whatever it's worth, I seem to have version VDE130529-01.
[Post New]
Hey, Tony.

The toot you directed me to was a little too tidy, but I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lsn369hlk8 in the toot link you included which may prove to be really useful.

Is there a way of trimming the two ends of a video - thereby creating a custom aspect ration - and keeping the rest of the image in proportion?

I think I have hours of entertainment, enlightenment, and perplexity awaiting me in the PD Toots link

Paul
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote:

I think I have hours of entertainment, enlightenment, and perplexity awaiting me in the PD Toots link

Paul

Music to my ears!

Also,

Glad to hear that you do indeed have the crop tool in Power Tools......

Kevin