Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble rendering, can anyone help?
IrishRoo12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2012 11:34 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to render this video into an MP4 but it keeps freezing during the process and won't finish. All my information is below and attached. Let me know if I should provide anything further. Thanks!

Windows 7
PowerDirector Deluxe 10.0.0.0925
SR #: VDE110805-02
Licensed to: Sean
Malewarebytes’ Anti-Malware
 Filename
DX.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
287 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi IrishRoo12 ,
Please provide a screenshot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu. Make sure it is a full screen image please so we can read/see the data.

Please update your graphic card drivers, they're dated currently: Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2010

Mp4 = frame size, frame rate?
Rendering from what?
Point of freezing percentage completed?
Located on track, have you defined where the stall/hang takes place?

Dafydd

Edit "to" to "from"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2013 13:05

IrishRoo12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Always freezes about 15% in.
[Thumb - freeze.png]
 Filename
freeze.png
[Disk]
 Description
screen shot
 Filesize
583 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
115 time(s)
[Post New]
IrishRoo12;
Your Dell Inspiron N4010 has the capacity of 8GB. You can use either two (4GB) DDR3 PC3-8500 or two (4Gb) DDR3 PC3-10600 Non-ECC RAM modules (per Dell).

Since you are using an internal GPU with only 64MB Dedicated Memory, AND you are running 64BIT Windows, this is CRITICAL for you to have a pleasant experience with PD11 and this machine.

A link on the Dell Forum points to the following page as compatible with your machine:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Inspiron%2014R%20%28N4010%29&Cat=RAM
Not sure that this is appropriate, so I will say here that I am not necessarily RECOMMENDING them! This is just an example to demonstrate possible cost.

If you don't want to add memory, you must consider another machine. Hope this helps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 30. 2013 16:44

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd asked for "Please provide a screenshot of the "Edit Workspace" You provided one of the render workspace. That doesn't tell us enough. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
IrishRoo12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's the edit screen.
[Thumb - edit.png]
 Filename
edit.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
504 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
127 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi IrishRoo12,
First off, thank you Steve for getting the right image.
RE: The Edit Workspace image. Looking at the clips used, I'd guess they are Standard Definition (SD) mpeg files.

1. Please expand your tracks.
2. In track2 you have a "title" (I'm guessing here), as the second item in.
2-1. Is that title an altered copy of the title in track 3?
2-2. Is it an original title dragged down from the Title Room?
3. What happens in Produce if you remove the title in Track 2, do you produce an mp4 successfully?

OK, I have found and this has happened in previous PDR's that a replicated title causes PDR to falter and freeze at the point where a title is used.

I recently narrowed the issue down in one project and ended up deleting the titles, producing the project and then reintroducing the finished video back in and inserting the titles. I was producing to the mp4 format.

Try item 3 and see what happens. It might not be the 14% point...

Dafydd

Edit: Added a "?" to sentence 3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2013 05:18