Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio delay function.
Mag [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2013 22:13 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Please, do the following version of the program it is possible to adjust the audio delay. This simple function is not enough to buy your product. The difference between the video and sound in my case is 100-200 ms.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2013 22:22

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Please, do the following version of the program it is possible to adjust the audio delay. This simple function is not enough to buy your product. The difference between the video and sound in my case is 100-200 ms.

The first thing is to find out why you have the delay. I do not have any kind of delay even with long videos. Tell us more. How did you measure the delay? Why kind of equipment do you have? Where are you playing the videos? What kind of videos?

Give us this information: from Part B here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Mag [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The first thing is to find out why you have the delay. I do not have any kind of delay even with long videos. Tell us more. How did you measure the delay? Why kind of equipment do you have? Where are you playing the videos? What kind of videos?

Give us this information: from Part B here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Video I look at my HTPC it is connected to audio, and video to HDMI cable goes to the TV Philips 40PFL8007. Sound comes before the video. I have no problems if the sound comes on TV.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
1) I gather the HTPC is a Media Center PC.
2) You did not answer my question for information above (part B)
3) You did not actually measure the delay -100-200 ms.
4) If you use the program on your computer there is no delay. So the program seems to be working corrctly. (or am I reading it wrong). Do you have the program , a trial or are you making a judgement based on something else ?
5) If the above is true, then perhaps there is something you need to do with the HTPC and how it is connected to you TV.
6) Did you contact Phillips about the delay.

I took a minute to Google for "Audio Delay with Phillips TV" and found this: The problem is your TV.

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5973-Sound-out-of-sync-delayed-after-purchase-of-Philips-TV .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Mag [Avatar]
[Post New]
1) Yes it is me assembled MediaCenter.
3),6)But this not fully help.
4)I have a delay everywhere in Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, Media Classic Player. If i make delay 200 ms in Media Classic Player video and audio sync perfect.
5)The sound is directly connected to the MediaCenter. No sound comes on the TV. Therefore, the difference in the sound.
 Filename
MagDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
2) MagDxDiag.zip
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
326 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2013 11:10

stevek
[Post New]
Since there is a problem with the Phillips TV, it seems not to be a problem with the program.

You answer to item 4 is not what you said earlier. If you can play with Media Center Classic,without the sync issue, at 200ms, then the problem still seems to be with either the connections to the TV/Audio device or in the TV itself. Perhaps someone else has a better idea.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2013 11:25

Mag [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Since there is a problem with the Phillips TV, it seems not to be a problem with the program.

You answer to item 4 is not what you said earlier. If you can play with Media Center Classic,without the sync issue, at 200ms, then the problem still seems to be with either the connections to the TV/Audio device or in the TV itself. Perhaps someone else has a better idea.

From the TV is stereo sound, and a Media Center 5.1 sound. To solve this problem, just add the possibility of a delay in PowerDVD sound.
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
This is an unfortunate and common issue with display devices that perform any form of input processing (sharpening, noise reduction, dynamic contrast/colour etc). My monitor introduces around 180ms delay (measured with Guitar Hero, which is naturally unplayable on the monitor).

If you run the audio through the TV the TV will delay the audio to compensate as it knows the picture will be delayed - if you connect a receiver to your PC for audio you may be able to introduce a delay via the receiver, though that's an expensive hardware solution for something that could be handled in software.

It may be worth checking your TV's menus for a mode that disables input processing and reduces the delay. My monitor has a "PC" mode which reduces the delay, but this only works in 60Hz mode (switching to 24Hz/50Hz for Blu-ray/PAL content disables PC mode and reintroduces the delay).

I agree that it would be nice for PowerDVD to offer an audio delay feature as it shouldn't be too tricky to implement (other software such as XBMC and ffdshow support it) and it is invaluable when dealing with lagging display devices.
Mag [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any ideas how make a delay in PowerDVD without receiver?
Mag [Avatar]
[Post New]
Up

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2013 06:12

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
there is no such option in PowerDVD 12.

It could be an feature for future main releases v1x

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Mag [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll wait for the appearance of such functions in the new version of PowerDVD.

Thank you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2013 06:27