Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube Upload Asking Permission Every Time?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Other CL products may also starting to support YouTube OAuth 2.0 API

Indeed! The latest patch for PhotoDirector does just that.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PhD_OAuth2.0.png]
 Filename
PhD_OAuth2.0.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1055 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2012 07:04

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink PowerDirector follows YouTube OAuth 2.0's API protocol. The
statement on the YouTube Authorization page is provided by YouTube.

The parameters parsing allows PowerDirector to be able to only upload
user's video. Software developers will not be able to access any other
information.

Requiring user to log in every time, when uploading video to YouTube
through PowerDirector is in fact one of OAuth 2.0's API protocols, for
security reasons.

Hope members can understand the new behavior

Latest info.
Forum Moderator.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I've just done a bit of reading about the implementation of OAuth 2.0 in the YouTube Help files & thought I'd post some quotes & links that might shed some light on the topic.

Attached as PDF.

Cheers - Tony

Filename
OAuth 2.0.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
636 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
HeFed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2012 19:59 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Please see this page: https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol_oauth2

Forcing the user to repeatedly authorize uploads to YouTube is actually an optional parameter that Cyberlink has opted to enforce in PD11. We should only have to authorize it once and then the permission will be locked in with a token. I'm hoping the developers take another look at these settings and fix the issue. Unless I'm interpreting the root problem correctly?

Parameter Description

approval_prompt Optional. This parameter indicates whether the user should be prompted to grant account access to your application each time she tries to complete a particular action. The default value is auto, which indicates that a user would only need to grant access the first time she tried to access a protected resource.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Well, this all is rather depressing, and tho it is not CL's "fault", I must say the endless typing in of names and passwords, coupled with the near iron-clad WMV profiles, tell me...why would I continue using the in-built uploader? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well, this all is rather depressing, and tho it is not CL's "fault", I must say the endless typing in of names and passwords, coupled with the near iron-clad WMV profiles, tell me...why would I continue using the in-built uploader?

Perhaps the less-experienced find it handy. Jerry Schwartz
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Well, this all is rather depressing, and tho it is not CL's "fault", I must say the endless typing in of names and passwords, coupled with the near iron-clad WMV profiles, tell me...why would I continue using the in-built uploader?

Perhaps the less-experienced find it handy.

So one buys the PD11 Ultimate Suite for the "Pro Video Producer" as advertised and find it dumb down for the less-experienced?

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote: Perhaps the less-experienced find it handy.

Even some of the SEMI-experienced (like I call myself) found it handy to upload directly from inside the program. Not really a TIME saver, as either way you have to wait to produce, then wait to upload, but with the recent changes CL is implementing it is WORTHLESS.

Quote: Forcing the user to repeatedly authorize uploads to YouTube is actually an optional parameter that Cyberlink has opted to enforce in PD11.

There are more than a FEW optional parameters in the hands of the API programmer (like collecting metrics about who visits your channel on YouTube, referrer data, etc.). No biggy, I will just stop using it and stop whining!!