Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube Upload Asking Permission Every Time?
HeFed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2012 19:59 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Back in PD10, I was able to lock in my credentials for YouTube and my video would upload every time. Now in PD11, I have to authorize for every upload individually. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a "feature" or a bug?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I thought it was just me, but yes, every time.
Also, I'd like to add that the Youtube uploader should allow for MP3 or other format uploads, but forces us to use unalterable profiles of a format that will be re-encoded by Youtube, and usually results in out-of-sync choppy videos... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
My goodness...every time..yet another "activation" process..Come on Cyberlink..ease up on us a little, please!!! Besides, I am not sure I WANT Cyberlink "Viewing and Managing my YouTube Activity"!!

I responded "NO THANKS" a couple of hours ago and it booted me out of the forum and LOCKED my login to all Cyberlink support, member zone, etc....just came back on now. Could that be a coincidence?? Anyone else said "No thanks"???
[Thumb - no_thanks.jpg]
 Filename
no_thanks.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
383 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 17. 2012 23:55

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Fred,

Yes or no, I can verify the locked login. Over here it lasted hours.

“Managing my YT account / activity”??
I have never used the upload function from PD (other than in a contest).
I havn’t found it necessary as I’m not really a DZ user. I look at your screenshot- and wonder;
does anybody really say “yes” to this? Give a company authority to oversee activity and manage account?

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a CL issue or a Google/YouTube issue. On the screenshot you can clearly see the Google Logo. This is a browser frame and it is actually Google that prompts the LogIn, not PowerDirector. The same occurs in PowerDVD when you want to log into YouTube, Flickr or Facebook. It is not a native API, its just a browser within the program. RTFM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
In previous versions of PD, users could elect to have PD "remember" their login details for DZ & YouTube. The YouTube option is gone now.

There is similar (but NOT the same) authorisation necessary for direct uploads to FaceBook, DailyMotion & Vimeo. It is built into PD.

If you want to have your video displayed on DirectorZone, the only option is to click "Allow Access". Otherwise, I suspect many would make the same choice as FredB!

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - RememberMe.png]
 Filename
RememberMe.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
804 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2012 04:32

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
HeFed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2012 19:59 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Thank for the screenshot, Tony. That's the dialog box from PD10 that I'm missing in PD11. The "allow access" pop up does not bother me; I am a Google Apps user and have many 3rd party apps that are allowed access to my Google accounts (including YouTube). However, it shouldn't pop up ever darn time. Usually it's a one-time authorization and then should be locked in. I suspect this is a bug on PD's part, where they're not storing the authorization somehow. I'm going to report this to tech support.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Fred: Like 1Nina, I confirm that I was locked out of the CL Members Zone yesterday afternoon. Tried several times to login over several hours and just got an error message that they could not process my request. I assumed that they were having website issues. Hopefully you don't take it personally. Your contributions here are much appreciated.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
No, I almost took it personally, but then realized I was assuming an over-importance on the part of myself. I understand "coincidence timing". That is why I asked the question here. The lock was not related to the prompt.

What does bug me is:
1. The loss of saving my username and password (shown in ynotfish image)
2. The CONSTANT ACTIVATION PROMPT

I have always used the internal loading facility of PD for YouTube..but this change may make it useless for me, finally.

HeFed..you make that statement so lightly! There is so MUCH to be concerned about with third-party security tokens, and blind/passive acceptance scares me even more sometimes.

Google and YouTube have been especially aggressive in this arena, but this is a request for CYBERLINK access. Oh well, at least I can KICK a bit while they "stick the needle in"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 18. 2012 10:23

georgemon [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Glasgow, Scotland Joined: Dec 29, 2011 20:20 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Upload a lot to Youtube so miss the "remember my details" button. Not a great chore but it would be nice to have it back and save the typing. Thanks, George
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If this Youtube feature "upgrade" persists, and in consideration of the less-than-stellar results of actually using the built-in uploader, I gotta say I'm finished with it. This, of course, eliminates any Directorzone tie-ins. Cyberlink...load pistol, point, shoot foot, call it a day. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
Fully agree with you Barry. If they wanted to change the interace to YouTube, they should have intercepted the "shakey video correction tool" prompt that Youtube throws up, as this prevents loading and causes a failure.

Granted, PD11 now has good shaking fixes (with Content-aware) that prevents most upload failures, but I will not use the internal "upload" product again until they fix it...and shame on them for removing the Directorzone tie-in!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2012 22:37

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
The DirectorZone is still listed in Preferences, but if you refuse to use the in-built uploader of PD, then DZone is effectively cut out of the loop. Regarding the WMV profiles as the only Produce option for internet uploads, I'm not sure why that is, it may be CL's choice, or maybe they are FORCED to use WMV, though I can't imagine why. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Interestingly (?), both PhotoDirector & ColorDirector have similar online sharing options - direct uploader with the option to share on DirectorZone... (yes - only in WMV format)

BUT each of those functions in the same way as earlier versions of PD. i.e. sign in - remember me - no authorisation. PowerDirector is different in that regard.

Don't suppose it's all that interesting.

Cheers - Tony

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Yes, actually it IS interesting. Seeing as the internet and social media is so HUGE, I would think CL techs/management would pay more attention to it, other than the Cyberlink references they tag everything with. Self-promotion should not supersede functionality. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

PDR10 build 2023 and PDR11 now supports YouTube OAuth 2.0 and the behavior is different from previous. Other CL products may also starting to support YouTube OAuth 2.0 API. Thanks.

I haven't applied patch PDR10 build 2023 so can't verify the YT options.

Search results for YouTube OAuth 2.0

Forum Moderator.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Re: PD10 patch 2023

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25223.page#137160
[Post New]
Dafydd;
I fully understand that Oauth 2.0 is being used by Cyberlink to grant access to my YouTube account through the Cyberlink servers. Google is being very aggressive in implementing this.

What is missing from Cyberlink's implementation is:
1. Any indication of the LEVEL of access that Cyberlink is requesting from them to my account (what has elvischen2004Egmail.com specified in his coding).
2. The ability within the interface to revoke the Cyberlink access in the future should I decide.

Also, if they are using this API to collect and manage my login information, I suggest they can ALSO use this to eliminate the silly "30 day expiration" limits on the other modules (a nagging source of discontent).

Thank You for your attention.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Not a problem (in posting comments). I have fed back the reaction regarding the change and updating/monitoring the threads to CyberLink. I cant do much more. If I get info to post, I will.

Dafydd
ynotfish
[Post New]
Other CL products may also starting to support YouTube OAuth 2.0 API

Indeed! The latest patch for PhotoDirector does just that.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PhD_OAuth2.0.png]
 Filename
PhD_OAuth2.0.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1055 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2012 07:04