Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch 2118a: Prometheus is working ! ... actually not quite in 3D.
JEANCHRISTOPHE87 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 13:24 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi !

The new version has solved the problem of launching the Blu-Ray Disc Prometheus, and it works well !
BUT...in my case, even though the 2D version of the film is working perfectly I've got some issue with the 3D version of the film...
A "mosaic" issue...like at the release of the blu-ray discs "STAR WARS".
I just hope that I'm not alone in this case...

Also, I install in the same time the new nvidia driver...maybe the problem is here...

J-C

PS: However, I noticed that the previews available on the disc (Avatar, Titanic, I-Robot) being read perfectly in 3D.

PPS: When the 3D Disc of Promtheus is played in 2D, I've got the same "mosaic" problem.
Only the real 2D Disc of the film works fine.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 14:09

Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
When you say a "mosaic" issue, do you have a photo/video of what it looks like? I'm wondering if it's the same issue I've been having with Hugo 3D (I posted a thread about it with a photo and video).
[Post New]
This is weird...
I can't make a capture during the film on Powerdvd 12, the icon is grey (invalid) during the play and also in pause...
even with the keyboard...
To describe the problem, during the play, there is a lot of visuals artifacts (like litlle square) who appears on the screen, giving sensation of mosaic.
Apparently everyone does not have this problem...
Maybe I will install the old drivers of my nvidia video card...
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
It's a copy protection measurement - you can't capture the screen when playing Blu-ray, so you'll need to take a photo of the screen or similar (very high tech!)

I get the same video corruption (flickering squares as per this video) in TotalMedia Theatre 5, but it disappears if I disable hardware acceleration (however, the video plays back so jerkily it's unwatchable). I wonder if it's a hardware issue - have you tried TotalMedia Theatre 5?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi !

The new version has solved the problem of launching the Blu-Ray Disc Prometheus, and it works well !
BUT...in my case, even though the 2D version of the film is working perfectly I've got some issue with the 3D version of the film...
A "mosaic" issue...like at the release of the blu-ray discs "STAR WARS".
I just hope that I'm not alone in this case...

Also, I install in the same time the new nvidia driver...maybe the problem is here...

J-C

PS: However, I noticed that the previews available on the disc (Avatar, Titanic, I-Robot) being read perfectly in 3D.

PPS: When the 3D Disc of Promtheus is played in 2D, I've got the same "mosaic" problem.
Only the real 2D Disc of the film works fine.

Hi,
can you please post your DXDIAG log file?
Whats the CPU load when the issue appears?

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
However the CPU load does not change when I'm trying to play the movie, it remains at 1% or 2% capacity no more.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
371 time(s)
[Post New]
I to have the same problem "mosaic" issue.
http://csupload.cyberlink.com/upload-file/support/cs/2012-10-14/CS001189467/CS001189467-1350243514373-2.jpg

I have send dxdiag.txt and picture to Technical Support,
Hope they can fix the problem ;
[Post New]
Yes that's exactly the same thing on your screenshot. Fortunately I'm not the only one with this problem!
I hope a patch is released.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
we cannot reproduce the issue so far and need more information about it.

1. Which base build did you use before installing patch ?
2. Is this issue happened every time, randomly, or happened at specific timing ?
3. Is this issue happened in 2D mode, 3D mode, or 2D mode switched form 3D mode ?

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi,
1. build 1905c before installing patch.
2. Happened every time at the same specific timing (like before with Star Wars blu-ray discs)
3. Happenend only on the Blu-Ray 3D Disc (buy in France), in each mode, 3D and 2D. I don't have any problem with the Blu-Ray 2D disc, it works perfectly.

nVIDIA version driver: 306.97
I don't have issue with other FOX 3D titles like Titanic or Avatar...
And like I noticed, the previews available on Prometheus Blu-Ray 3D disc (Avatar, Titanic, I-Robot) being read perfectly in 3D. Only the movie itself has a issue to play.

Hope you can fix it.

br

[Post New]
Hi,
unfortunately we are still not able to reproduce the issue here.
Can you please check the BD surface and clean it carefully - sometimes a slight fingerprint already cause major problems.

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
Felix97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2012 02:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
After installation 2118a exact same problem with Prometheus 3D. Mosaic for the entire film.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2012 03:14

[Post New]
The Disc is perfectly clean.
Works well with TotalMedia theatre 5 on the same config...
I think is really a software issue.
[Post New]
Confirmed it's a Software issue!

Tested it on a fresh installation Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

-M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI Motherboard (all up to date drivers)
-AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.21 GHz.
-Geforce GTX 690 (306.97)
-CdRom Device LG BH10LS30 firmware (ver. 1.01-A0).

No other software installed only powerdvd 12.

No "mosaic" issue or other problems with WinDVD Pro 11!
Blu-ray disk 3D is clean.

Testing powerdvd 12;
-3D mosaic
-switch from 3D to 2D same mosaic problem.
-Patch 1514 remove's the mosaic but movie hangs or stops.
-Patch 2118a movie play's 3d without freeze but with mosaic problem.

http://csupload.cyberlink.com/upload-file/support/cs/2012-10-14/CS001189467/CS001189467-1350243514373-2.jpg

I could not testing further because i reached max activation.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 18. 2012 18:37

[Post New]
I have the very same problem.

The artifacts appear all along the movie but they appear to be specific. The same artifacts always appear at the same time.

I had to update to 2118a to be able to play the movie. I think I had version 1905 before.

I attached a DxDiag, in case it can help.
 Filename
DxDiag_121024.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
358 time(s)
[Post New]
Hai,

Today I tested powerdvd 12 on windows 8,
Guess what? The same problem.

so I chanced the card for the GTX 280 no mossaic but movie is not playing well.
Put back the GTX 690 it play's but with mossaic as in Windows 7.

[Post New]
Maybe for Christmas, I will be able to wathc the movie in 3D...
Sadly, we can not hope to find an issue if they can't reproduce the bug...
tHE uKER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2011 21:14 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I also get this type of corruption, but it's only sporadic flashes, like one every 50 minutes.
It's not that it's periodic, but it happens say once or twice in the whole movie.
And yes, it only happens in Blu-ray 3D.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2012 23:29

michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2012 14:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I confirmed that I have the same kind of problem with a french version of Pometheus BD 3D in france...
With the patch it is possible to launch the BD 3D of Prometheus (it was not possibme before...) but when I try to play the movie the sound is ok, the image are in 3D but they are partialy frozen !! I see image during 3 seconds, the image froze during 10 seconds and skip to a new image all along the movie...

I have see that it is possible to see without problem the bonus preview in 3D of Avatar, Titanic, I robot...
All my other BD 3D plays well before and after the update with the pacth except Pometheus...which work fine on Bluray 3D player...it is really a problem with powerdvd12....

Do you have a solution ?

Br,
[Post New]
Exactly the same problem with the same french Bluray Disc. Still no solution...