Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why do I have to manually press the 3D button when I want to watch a 3D movie?
MKANET [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 13:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
With Arcsoft TMT 5, all I had to do is put in the 3D bluray disc; and, it would automatically switch to 3D mode. Is PowerDVD 12 too dumb to detect 3D movies and switch to 3D mode?
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I'm aware you need to select the 3D mode each time. However, the cinema mode seems to remember the 3D setting between runs.
MKANET [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 13:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for replying, by I don't have any problems with the setting remembering or not. It does remember the setting.

However, it doesnt really make any sense for having to even touch this setting. The player "should" already know if the movie is a 3D movie or not. At least, Arcsoft TMT 5 doesnt require someone to point out that the movie is 3D or not. It already knows; and, fully automatic.

Ideally, that button should only be used if you have to force PowerDVD to use 3D mode when it can't detect them on their own; not for the user to do it every single time.
Manni01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2009 17:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
This has been reported a long time ago, see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21658.page

I hope it will be in the upcoming patch, but as it seems it's only a handful of us who seem to care about the problem, I'm not too hopeful.
Judge25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2012 22:40 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
At first I too missed the auto 3d switching feature from TMT and would have liked to have it, but have since also found it useful to have it manual. I find it useful if for some reason i want to not watch in 3d I can and some other testing purposes etc.

I find this feature would be useful if you could toggle it always on or off as needed.