Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
program size
Judithh121 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2011 06:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
When I look at the PD10 progam in my computer it says 3.99TB, whereas PD9 was 748MB. Why is there such a huge discrepancy, and how come I can use PD10 on my laptop is 6GB RAM.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I look at the PD10 progam in my computer it says 3.99TB, whereas PD9 was 748MB. Why is there such a huge discrepancy, and how come I can use PD10 on my laptop is 6GB RAM.

I am not sure where you are getting your size figures from. I have PD9 and PD10 installed on my system and I have less than 2tb of available disc space. And, I have just under 3gb of ram. I am still running a 32 bit operating system.

The actual program file (pdr10.exe) shows on my system as 2.19mb. PD9 executable files is shown as 2.62mb.

Where did you get the figure, 3.99tb, for the PD10 program?

Hal
Judithh121 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2011 06:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
When I look at the list of programs, date installed and size in the control panel, where you have the option to uninstall.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Are you sure about the 'T". Is it an "m" instead?

How about posting a screen shot of that part of the "Add/remove" programs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2012 09:57

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I look at the list of programs, date installed and size in the control panel, where you have the option to uninstall.

Attached is my control panel with PD9 & PD10 installed.

It shows a total of approximately 4.78gb for both programs and content packs.

If yours is showing 3.99tb, how large is your hard drive?

Hal
[Thumb - controlpanel.png]
 Filename
controlpanel.png
[Disk]
 Description
Control panel remove programs.
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just to confirm, that is about what I have also.
[Thumb - 2012-07-21_0911.png]
 Filename
2012-07-21_0911.png
[Disk]
 Description
Add/remove Programs
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
200 time(s)
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I think it is safe to say that we all get different reported file sizes. Mine with PD9/10 is completely different than all of those....

So far no one has answered all of the questions... other than lament on file size discrepancies which really are according to your individual install.

6 gig of RAM, or RAM in general, has nothing to do with program file sizes. It would be your hard drive space that would be effected.... PD10 (or anything) will run on 2,3,4,6,8,and more RAM generally.

[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
498 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Jul 22. 2012 00:16

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
stevek
[Post New]
We all agree that the size in in mb and not tb. .
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
stevek..... no GB's?? __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Here's what it looks like on my system.

[Thumb - tb.PNG]
 Filename
tb.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
466 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 22. 2012 02:30

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
stevek
[Post New]
The OP said tb and that doesn't make sense. Gb also makes sense.

vb800rider :

What OS are you running? Why do you have two installations of PD 10? What size is your hard drive? .
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
What OS are you running? Why do you have two installations of PD 10? What size is your hard drive?

What OS are you running?
Win 7 Professional SP1 64 bit

Why do you have two installations of PD 10?
I don't know, I just install, uninstall, re-install as necessary. Maybe we should ask CL??

What size is your hard drive?
500Gb Nominal
C: partitioned to 186Gb, currently 79Gb free
D: partitioned to 254Gb, currently 134Gb free

Cheers
Adrian

Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
HalCon
[Post New]
Adrian,

What compression algorithym did you come up with to reduce those two program installations to fit on a partitioned 500gb drive.?

Do you find much loss in quality with that much compression?

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
vn800rider
[Post New]
They are obviously special releases from CL for favoured customers. I have noticed no difference in functionality but I did get my original PD10 cheap from a major UK retailer and thought it strange that I had to load 97 DVDs during installation.

I have also noticed a slight lag, about 6hrs 40 mins, when I call up some of the 3D effects, and loads of hard drive activity, but it doesn't affect my editing much since I am getting really old and often fall asleep, especially as the HD clicking and the cooling fan noise seem to blend into a rhythmic, soporific and soothing audio background.

Confucius
stevek
[Post New]
HalCon
[Post New]
Adrian,

In case you are wondering, I gave you the 5 stars for that reply.

Well said.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube